Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car out of time?

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

So basically I removed the timing chain from the cams without marking it and when I went to go put it back together it sounded like this. Do I just buy the tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    E30 is life :finger:

Motor was vibrations real bad

Comment

You don't NEED the tool, but it will make things easier. You can pretty easilly make a locking too like this:

Or use the two wrench method like this:

Just make sure the arrows on the front of the sprockets are pointing straight up.

Comment

Yeah, I made a tool, but the M42's not too hard to do by eye. The M5x wants to
        walk around a lot more, due to the lobe position.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

So if I have the arrows pointing up how do I know if the cams are in the right position

Comment

I did it from the lobes- intake has already closed, exhaust will be opening, flats on the back
            are vertical. But I think the cams are marked somehow, too. It's been too long, and
            I've had too many M10's apart since then...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Flats on the rear of the cams should be square/aligned to the top of the head when the arrows are also vertical with respect to the top of the head. In other words, square and vertical to the head not to the ground since the engine is tilted.

Comment

Working...
              X