e36 m42 into a 1986 325i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 m42 into a 1986 325i?

Searched around for a bit and kinda confused.

I just picked up a lost title 1994 318is for parts with a good m42 and want to swap it into my 86 325i. will it bolt right in? or will the oil pan be a problem?

I see alot of posts about 318 e30's swapping to m42 but they have a different cross member correct? anything else to worry about? sorry for the newb questions, new to e30s

You are going to need an e30 m42 oil pan at a minimum. I believe you will also need the intake mani for clearance reasons but im not 100% sure. Beyond that you should be gravy.

What tranny are you going to run?
    -Alex

Comment

What's wrong with the M20 you have running in the 325i? Not really sure the goal but here's an article that should help.

The fun never ends :-?

89 318iS
      R.I.P 89 325i coupe
      89 335iC

Comment

It's more than likely you will have to find all the E30 specific externals to clear it for the E30 engine bay, also all the electrical will have to be E30 specific for sure.
        The fun never ends :-?

89 318iS
        R.I.P 89 325i coupe
        89 335iC

Comment

Ive got the intake manifolds you need if you want them
          We're out there in here.

Comment

Yeah, this is kinda messy- for a 318is, not so bad, but to retrofit, you'll
            need a bunch of E30 specific things.

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X