No announcement yet.

Engine/trans Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for anyone that searches i went with the oem+ revshift ones. feels like a whole new motor and only a little bit more NVH at idle than the probably blown originals. throttle response and shifts feel better.

didnt do the trans mounts yet but those are next on the list based on this result.

Comment

As mentioned I went with revshift 80A for both motor and transmission. Right out the gate you definitely notice the noise and harshness especially on the downshift. However after 500kms or so it settles in and the noise and vibration is minimal. Response is great.

Comment

Good to know..I was thinking of going with revshift also
        NASA
        BMWCCA member
        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
        1997 M3 sedan
        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

I ran the E28 rubber ones for a number of years. The NHV was definitely worse, althout after a couple of years I forgot about it. Then I went back to stock M42 mounts and...WOW. The car was so much more pleasant to be in with the proper stock ones! But, you do what you gotta do. The only reason I went with the stiffer ones was because I was on a student budget and they were like 1/3 the price of the M42 stock mounts. Once I graduated and got a job I bought the correct ones lol.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
          X