O2 sensor replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    I use to live near a donut shop that started cooking them at like 2am. I always went to sleep craving donuts. So.....can you smell that cheap chinese plastic/rubber being a block away?
    Mmm...low quality garbage, mmm.

Comment

Fortunately not that close...but the rubber wheel chocks I bought a year ago are still reeking up their corner of the garage so I get a special treat every time I go back there. Those poor employees, how much brain damage does that stink cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Don't worry, I am sure HF limits employee hours enough to keep them safe.

Comment

fixed

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Don't worry, I am sure HF limits employee hours enough to keep them WITHOUT MEDICAL OR DENTAL.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

They totally get medical and dental. After all, they sell employees first aid kits and pliers at discounted rates! What more could they possibly want?

Comment

With the way things are presently, it might be cheaper to fly to China for medical care. Maybe catch a ride on the container ship on its way back to refill?

A coworker did that (airplane though, not container ship) when he tore his Achilles' Tendon. All up, it cost him $40K less to have it fixed in Singapore than it would have here (he did not have health insurance, so it is debatable whether paying the monthly premiums would have been wiser).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                With the way things are presently, it might be cheaper to fly to China for medical care. Maybe catch a ride on the container ship on its way back to refill?

A coworker did that (airplane though, not container ship) when he tore his Achilles' Tendon. All up, it cost him $40K less to have it fixed in Singapore than it would have here (he did not have health insurance, so it is debatable whether paying the monthly premiums would have been wiser).

Idk...I’d go to SG for surgery. That place is awesome.

Comment

Just got back from SG.. boy is that place expensive. Bangkok was much more fun. I hear Bugis is a better place, more fun, more bang for your buck.

Comment

Alrighty - decided to take this one on. Especially after my driveshaft support bearing took a crap yesterday and left me with a tidy little repair bill and no car for a week. C’est la R3V.

Anyone have input on which one to buy? Looking at Rockauto, FCP, Bav Auto, Turner, Pelican, etc.

Comment

Replaced sensor today. Easy peasy, came out with a spanner and some muscle. Went back in the same way. Rough idle while the DME recalibrated but settled in after about 15-20 seconds.

But...need to pull the instrument panel to replace the CEL bulb. Went to clear codes and stomp test to check them failed, then noticed no CEL on starting. Always something.

Comment

It might take a few drives to clear. And the usual adage to reprogramming the ECU after it looses it tune, is to "drive it like you stole it! It will run rich, that's by default. Rich is better then lean.

Comment

O2 sensor replacement?

Perfect, thanks for the tip. I drove it about 200 miles yesterday alone through 3 canyon routes I’ve been wanting to try for ages - Bouquet, San Francisquito, and the 150 from Santa Paula to Ojai. Was flawless the whole day.

Comment

Ojai at this time of year must suck. Glad it worked.

Comment

Working...
                            X