M42 exhaust options?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sneakerism191
    replied
    hi,



    i just recently installed super sprint exhaust on my m40, (i bought the m42 for exhaust). should i consider to change my resonator and headers too? i was hoping to achieve a good exhaust system to have great sound from my muffler. thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • fresh_TD
    replied
    Originally posted by Nairb
    Supersprint for m42 318is is 15% off on ECS right now:

    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-superspr...uffler/783125/
    Wait till the holidays. These go for 50% off around those times. I picked one up from ecs for $385 shipped

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Nairb
    replied
    Supersprint for m42 318is is 15% off on ECS right now:

    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-superspr...uffler/783125/

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Glass packs aren't optimal unless you have the setup flanged for continual replacement. If I were building an M42 exhaust I'd get a Borla Pro XS and a 14-16" perforated resonator.

    Leave a comment:


  • RickInABox
    replied
    This guy had a pretty great exhaust set up for the probably $100 he paid.


    "Longest Magnaflow glass pack I could find, thrush turbo muffler. Stock cat and headers."

    Leave a comment:


  • RickInABox
    replied
    I just posted an update to my saga on the Strogmund with ECS Magnaflow catalytic converter kit. An extra resonator or muffler in the middle is exactly what it needs if you are not running a restrictive stock catalytic converter.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by e30davie
    Why is that exhaust squished in the middle? If i bought an exhaust that was squished like that id send it back.
    It's not like the M42 even needs 2.25" piping, so the flattened area probably hurts nothing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Powling
    replied
    Originally posted by e30davie
    Why is that exhaust squished in the middle? If i bought an exhaust that was squished like that id send it back.
    It's made like this to give more clearance underneath around the rear subframe.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30davie
    replied
    Why is that exhaust squished in the middle? If i bought an exhaust that was squished like that id send it back.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nairb
    replied
    Definitely have to keep an eye out for that 50% off. I have always wanted a Supersprint setup, but no way in fck I am gonna pay $750 for that. Let us know if it comes back, please!

    Leave a comment:


  • Powling
    replied
    And you're in luck - Turner just listed their 318is super sprint exhausts at 25% off. Get on this deal!

    https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...mance-muffler/

    Leave a comment:


  • Powling
    replied
    Originally posted by jaredmac11
    I think I need to ditch the dynomax super turbo and check out the super sprint.

    Can you get just the muffler? The exhaust system is kinda pricey.
    Unfortunately not - you have to buy the complete kit they sell.

    Leave a comment:


  • jaredmac11
    replied
    I think I need to ditch the dynomax super turbo and check out the super sprint.

    Can you get just the muffler? The exhaust system is kinda pricey.

    Leave a comment:


  • nick_318is
    replied
    Here is what my supersprint sounds like on track with a stock engine:

    Leave a comment:


  • Powling
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchkid
    where you buy it from?
    From Turner online last year during their Black Friday sale. They had all Supersprint's in stock on sale for 50% off.

    Leave a comment:

Working...