replacing the fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing the fuel pump

Alright. so im using the gaz-guzzlin monster of a truck instead of driving the e-thirty because either my CPS shot the shit, or my fuel pump did. i dont mind dishing out the 110$ for a new CPS, because if thats not it, well, i can always send it back or re-sell it.... BUT

Fuel pump talk here... 242.xx for a pump? are we serious?
    P/n: 16141181075
    make: VDO-Seimens

is there anywhere else i can buy one of these? or is there a upgrade that will drop right in and cost me around the same ballpark as this?

i once heard a guy say "the most expensive thing on a 318is is the head gasket"... obviously that mutherfucking didnt drive one!

surely someone has a good used unit on here for less than $50. have you posted a want ad in the WTB section?

Comment

you know, i have not. i get paid tomorrow, hopefully the full amount too. i will check. thanks for bringing that up!

you should come out to a meet sometime if your in plano... it might a bit of a drive, but a beer is worth it

Comment

I just bought an M42 fuel pump (1991 318is) from Autozone for $70. I sure wouldn't pay $200 for one of those.

Comment

sometimes you get what you pay for though. is it just the pump, or the whole drop in assembly? i dont want to dick with reattaching wires and crap ya know? my hands are so cut up from that small ass space anyways..

Comment

It's just the pump. You have to pull the assembly out of the tank (easy to do from under the back seat) and remove the fuel pump from the assembly.

Comment

test it first before you pull it. It may save you $140.00. It is super easy to test.

Comment

Working...
              X