M42 ITB build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 ITB build

Hello all. New to this group but not cars. I have a 1970 2002 with an M10. 9.5 pistons, 292 cam and dual Jenvey Heritage ITBs. I have been running it a while but really want more upper end power. I have read a mix of posts where some say M42 will never have the power of M10 and vice versa.
    I acquired an M42 so decided to see what it can do. I just received my Dbilas manifold so I can use the Jenvey Heritage ITBs. I also have a set of 269 cams for it. ECU is Haltech, which runs my M10 and use LS coils. I now this can cause issues to ask but.....based on what you guys know...what HP can I expect with this setup on 93 octane? I love the high rev capacity of the M42 and I am aware the power willClick image for larger version

Name:	Jenvey on M10.jpeg
Views:	1126
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9883893 be higher up...which is fine.
    Attached Files

Guesswork, but with a stock bottom end/exhaust, maybe 165-170HP peak at the crank, maybe in the low 6K RPM range, add 5-10 for a non stock exhaust if well installed. So much depends on other items like fueling, better mixture reading, etc.

While I love an M42, the M10 does seem to make great numbers with "bolt ons," whereas the M42 seems to need more fine tuning.

Comment

If your going into an M42 why not increase the stroke with the diesel crank. I think it can get to 2.1L

not an endorsement as I don’t have any experience with these guys but....
      The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

Originally posted by harv View Post
        If your going into an M42 why not increase the stroke with the diesel crank. I think it can get to 2.1L

not an endorsement as I don’t have any experience with these guys but....
        https://youtu.be/EKIr68vWYEU
        Motor runs good so I do not want to do a stroker build. See how this does. If its weak sauce for the price to the stroker I can go turbo cheaper and have more power. Will see how this does first

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Guesswork, but with a stock bottom end/exhaust, maybe 165-170HP peak at the crank, maybe in the low 6K RPM range, add 5-10 for a non stock exhaust if well installed. So much depends on other items like fueling, better mixture reading, etc.

While I love an M42, the M10 does seem to make great numbers with "bolt ons," whereas the M42 seems to need more fine tuning.
          I have a built M10 in the car now, fresh build with the ITBs, forged 9.5, 292 cam etc. I can assure you it is not over 140HP.. Many guys inflate the HP gains with the "butt dyno" estimates..which are always high. I think a M42b build that can push 160-170HP NA will be a blast. I have a Haltech ECU and can fine tune to near perfect timing and AFRS and all load and RPM ranges.

I also think the koogle 90s (actually great velocity stacks) will assist the lower end as well

Comment

Working...
          X