Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cat support bracket setup ?

Hey guys.

I'm 90% done installing an m42 into my m10 318i.

I have a catalytic converter from an m42 318i but I don't have any of the brackets or support system - except one piece here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_132824.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	9936391

Does anyone have a photograph handy of how the catalytic converter is supported under the car ? A picture from these angles would be ideal:

Name:	20200703_133430.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	9936392

Name:	20200703_133444.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	9936393

I'll see if I can find some others, but I have one posted here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...49#post7094149

Here are some others:

20190707_134938 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

20180913_133124 by mike.bevels, on Flickr

Comment

Thank you that's very helpful, exactly what I need.

Do I understand correctly that is the only clamp and hanger on the cat?

Curious about the cat back... Two hangers on that in all?

Thanks again and that is one hell of a documentation package.

Comment

No problem.

The cat back has muffler straps on the rear muffler as well as a hanger further up the system towards the cat.

I believe the cat section is only supported by the clamp in the photos, and by the fact the headers are bolted in place. There might be another hanger between the cat and the headers, but I can't remember at the moment.

Comment

M42 cars should have the clamp at the rear of the transmission, a hanger with a single donut just aft of the rear subframe, and the two straps at the LH rear wheel arch.

Comment

I have not had the front clamp (bracket OP is looking for) on the car for 15+ years and never had an issue. Granted I am running an aftermarket cat which weighs like 60% less than the stock one, but I don't see it being a big deal if you can't find the bracket parts.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thanks for the help gents. The brackets are readily available from my local dealer and should be here as early as today. I also ordered a Stromung cat-back system that shoud be here next week. Will post photos in my build thread when I'm done.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X