Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Threaded Plugs on Back of Cylinder Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threaded Plugs on Back of Cylinder Head?

Can someone tell me which plug is for the main oil feed? There is an M12 and an M24 plug back there, and I am looking to put an oil temperature sensor back there. Bonus points if you have a picture looking into the oil hole with the plug removed. I'm interested to know how well oil flows in that area, or if it is totally stagnant at the end and won't really give me a good read of oil temps.

Thanks!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

I looked, but could not find the M42 club post that has a writeup on oil passages in the cylinder head. It's probably still there, somewhere.

Comment

There is a thread with lots of pics of the oil filter housing and timing case, but I cannot find one of the head either. I was playing around with all of the sensors I bought for my ECU conversion, and it looks like I may not be able to fit the front knock sensor in if I have the oil pressure + temperature sensor in the oil filter housing. This weekend I will be pulling out the intake manifold and stuff, so I can do a proper job of determining this, but at this point I feel like I may need a backup plan, like the back of the head.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
      X