driveshaft alignment bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driveshaft alignment bushing

I could use a few idea's here. my driveshaft alignment bushing needs to be replaced. It is the piece that is pressed into the hole at the front of the front section of the propeller shaft. I have no clue how to go about replacing it. any ideas would be good. this is on an 85 325e manual. Also, on a side note, I need to check the condition of the u joint. it moves freely, with no resistance/noise, but I could not drive it to test it, as when I bought the car it had 1 bolt holding the trans up, crooked. so I didn't push it. any way to check this while it is down?

Do you mean the Center Support Bearing? :?:
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

nope, It goes right in the front of the driveshaft, flange side, and the center shaft of the output flange goes into it. mine looks like it went through a war and lost.

looks like this:

Comment

My 84 lacks that piece, REALOEM shows it but its not on my car.

84eta auto
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

shit, It doesn't matter anyways now, upon close inspection, my driveshaft ears are bent. I hate the previous owner :evil: going to get a driveshaft. thanks anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by turnofftheradio
            shit, It doesn't matter anyways now, upon close inspection, my driveshaft ears are bent. I hate the previous owner :evil: going to get a driveshaft. thanks anyways.
            Ouch dude, goodluck on the search. ;)

I see whatcha mean now. Not sure if mine has that either. Meh.
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

yeah, I found one for $200 with 55k on it, everything was smooth and the yard put a new csb on it too. beats 318+core for a reman at this time.

Comment

Working...
              X