No announcement yet.

Clutch STILL hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding the clutch is super easy. The harder one person method is to use your hand and pump the clutch pedal 50-70 times (it is self bleeding). The easy way is to use a pressure bleeder.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      Bleeding the clutch is super easy. The harder one person method is to use your hand and pump the clutch pedal 50-70 times (it is self bleeding). The easy way is to use a pressure bleeder.
      yea, either we were bleeding it wrong because it seamed like it would never end and the pedal did not want to return to its position.

i will most likely try a pressure bleeder
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        A bad clutch master cylinder won't increase the pedal force required, but it can result in the clutch releasing lower than normal. Higher than normal pedal force will be a problem with the clutch pedal or the clutch itself.

LIES. it 100% will make the clutch harder to press down.

I had the exact problem you described when I did an M50 swap a few months back. We replaced EVERYTHING and even cleaned out the lines. I ran brand new hard lines. The slave was 100% new and everything was fresh. I had to press so hard on the pedal that it bent (just like yours).

First off, get a new pedal or bend it back and weld a backing plate to prevent it from bending again. Metal tends to bend easier once it has bent once. IE it'll always want to bend even when it's bent back.

Anyway. Get a NEW master cylinder. bench bleed it, pop it on, and go. It will fix your problem. Or I'll send you a picture of me naked.

Comment

Wooah
          Idk about naked pic
          but a new MC will never hurt...
          It sounds to me like your not bleeding compleetly corect
          easy way
          open bleeder
          push pedal down
          close bleeder
          pull pedal up
          open bleeder
          repeat 10 timesto make sure will usually work after about 5 or 6
          the last time close the bleeder make sure its tight
          pull the pedal back up and it should have pressure in it now.
          Also figure out if the pressure plate you have gotten is a HD or regular
          My clutch works just fine but i have an HD plate so it is much harder then normal saches.
          (note mine plate is saches just and HD one)

Comment

I bleed the clutch with just me. Get clear brake hose from your local auto store. If you're cheap, fish tank hose will work but will harden after use and be useless from then on out.

Put the hose on the bleeder, open the bleeder, and point the hose into a glass or some clear container.

Press the clutch to the floor slowly, pull up relatively quickly. You should eventually see fluid start bubbling out into the hose. Once the bubbles are gone, close the bleeder, pull off hose. You can do this yourself while out of the car and 1 hand on the clutch pedal. Remember to press the clutch aaaall the way to the floor. That's where all your bubbles will be.

Before doing this, I suggest bench bleeding the master/slave or gravity bleed over night.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
              I bleed the clutch with just me. Get clear brake hose from your local auto store. If you're cheap, fish tank hose will work but will harden after use and be useless from then on out.

Put the hose on the bleeder, open the bleeder, and point the hose into a glass or some clear container.

Press the clutch to the floor slowly, pull up relatively quickly. You should eventually see fluid start bubbling out into the hose. Once the bubbles are gone, close the bleeder, pull off hose. You can do this yourself while out of the car and 1 hand on the clutch pedal. Remember to press the clutch aaaall the way to the floor. That's where all your bubbles will be.

Before doing this, I suggest bench bleeding the master/slave or gravity bleed over night.
              tell me more about this gravity bleeding.
              as far as a new master i already have one sitting in my room and soon i am going to flush both the clutch line system/and the brakes. I also think im going to go and get a new pedal set on a half off day at the yard
              ]

Comment

Gravity bleeding is just leaving the bleed screw open and letting the brake fluid drool down itself. I haven't had much luck with the clutch system but it can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                X