Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    E36 trigger wheel is just smaller diameter than e30/28
    That's exactly what I'm dealing with... I had a 3.64 VLSD built for a 325iX with E36 rear cover. The E36 trigger wheel won't fit the VLSD unit (or so the builder tells me... I should disassemble and try it myself), so I have to trim the VLSD wheel. Being something of a machinist, I can't bring myself to "trim until it looks right"... I need a measurement! ;)

PM me your paypal info. It's easier for me to paypal you than send a shipping label.

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-09-2020, 04:49 PM.
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Have you ever worked with the viscous coupling LSD used in the E30 325iX?

Comment

Originally posted by Earendil View Post
          To be absolutely clear, you believe that the part number 951 332 551 00 belongs to a 2.5mm disc?
          Yes. This part number corresponds to a 2.5 mm friction disc. They basically lock the diff when installed. I installed two of them and the diff basically became a locked diff.

Originally posted by Earendil View Post
          And to be absolutely clear, the stock disc is a 2.0mm disc, correct?
          Yes. It is 2.0 mm.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-09-2020, 04:50 PM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Have you ever worked with the viscous coupling LSD used in the E30 325iX?
              I trend away from viscous units as I prefer clutch type or mechanical lsd's

In the Subarus I've tuned the STI replacement LSD was always a gear type or clutch type unit. Factory viscous units always got removed and put on the shelf-
              I also remove alot of gkn m-variable lsd units for built clutch type replacements for e46 m3's- the viscous unit dies quickly for track use cars.

The only modified viscous units I've seen is the local drifters fitting thicker preload springs to stock nissan vlsd units to make a ghetto 2 way type effect from extra amounts of preload.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
              What I was really asking was whether or not you could confirm that the journal on the VLSD where the VSS trigger wheel installs is a different diameter than the journal on the clutch LSD's.

Comment

deleted

Comment

If you have both the e30 normal open/clutch lsd spider and the vlsd spider you can remove the non fittting to speed sensor vlsd spider and measure. I think this would be the best approach.

I have played with bmw oem torsens and clutch type diffs only, I go to aftermarket for anything else thats super specific on setting

M variable would be a good option for awd if one is installing a high power v8

Sent you some $ to ship the trigger wheel.

Why do you think the M-variable unit is best for V8 AWD?
                  That's a 210mm unit, right?

I need a 3.64 ratio, and was looking at snagging a '93 E32 750iL diff for both clutch LSD and 3.64 gearset.

Comment

deleted

Comment

Both the ZF A-95 T-case used by BMW and the Borg-Warner 4472 T-case which I will be using have 35F/65R torque split with viscous couplings.

I'm open to playing with the rear diff. I have the E23 210mm housing that will bolt to the E30 subframe, and on your suggestion bought the E36 210mm "boomerang" mount bracket.

Comment

When the diff is sitting on your garage floor, how can you check to see if it is in good condition?

Also, what oil do you recommend for a LSD?
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

How it stacks inside the housing, top items to bottom right top to bottom left

Concerning the image showing all the parts and their order. I've noticed that the three smaller rings on either side are in a different order, depending on the side. I can't recall now which order mine were in (knowing you had a picture here I didn't bother) but now I'm starting to wonder.

Could you confirm that the picture is correct in this regard?
                          -------------------------------------------------
                          1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                          2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

deleted

Comment

Yes image is not correct for small spider washers

The hardened washer is the most outboard
                              Spring washer is next and cone points towards Centerpoint of diff
                              Keyed washer with oil diamonds are next, diamonds collect oil for spider gear contact

Great! So for the keyed washer, the textured side of it faces towards the center?
                              -------------------------------------------------
                              1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                              2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

deleted
                                Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-09-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X