No announcement yet.

guibo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would remove the balancer like others have said. However that won't make up for the spacial difference created by removing the balancer, might loosen the csb to allow the driveshaft to move forward.

Comment

got it. my new bolt and nuts will be in monday. when i was under there i also noticed my damn tranny mounts were sooo messed up. motor mounts 2.lol always somethin
      Last edited by ROLLingKING; 09-18-2011, 06:49 PM.
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Thanks

Comment

looks like this maybe?
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Reich und Roll!

Comment

Just take off the cover..loosen up your two bolts that hold your carrier bearing and slide the diveshafter a little farther up to makeup the difference and put it all back together.

Comment

Originally posted by JRector View Post
              Just take off the cover..loosen up your two bolts that hold your carrier bearing and slide the diveshafter a little farther up to makeup the difference and put it all back together.
              true..thanks again. ill be putting it back together tmrw

Comment

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

so ive been trying for 2 days now..really 2.5 and me and my boys cant get it. The balancer is in the way and the shield wont let any open ended wrenches hold the nut. We were able to get the bolt started on the nut with our fingers but I cant torque em down. Its going on 3hrs now!

Any suggestions on what to use between the transmission and the back of this STUPID shield??

Comment

pleeease help..ive got ony 1 bolt to tighten. Its the one that holds the driveshaft flange to the guibo..The nut is on the transmission side and the bolt facing the driveshaft.

We have tried open ended wrenches of many sizes..and other makeshift tools but its not tight enough to drive yet.

I did get my motor and tranny mounts done tho! this is the last piece.lol

Comment

Duddeee...if you have to then pull your driveshift back out and take off the damn shield. Its simple. 3 bolts hold the driveshaft to the guibo and the other 3 from the guibo to tranny flange.

Comment

Originally posted by JRector View Post
                        Duddeee...if you have to then pull your driveshift back out and take off the damn shield. Its simple. 3 bolts hold the driveshaft to the guibo and the other 3 from the guibo to tranny flange.
                        right i understand the concept..its getting a tool behind there to hold the nuts on the other end of the guibo.lol

Does anyone else know what im saying. taking off the driveshaft isnt the solution. How do I get a tool back there to get a grip on the nut behind the balancer! lol

stop telling me to remove the driveshaft if I cant get behind it. Im just trying to tighten the bolt that fell out.lol

im probably pissin u guys off but its really hard to get the nut to stop spinning. Even if i want to get rid of the shoeld I have to hold down a bolt in the back. If i could do that i would have my shit all tight by now

Comment

I'm trying hard to understand this. In my experience the bolts coming from the tranny flange are press fit into the flange along with the balancer so I never had to hold a nut behind that area. All you have to do is line it up and then put the nuts on from the DS side. If yours are all "free" bolts and nuts, I don't know what to say...I've never seen that before. Is the tranny brace in the way at all?

Comment

here is your solution:

buy 30mm thinwall socket; local matco or snap on will have, you can also order it online.

1. remove driveshaft from guibo
                            2. remove guibo from transmission output flange
                            3. remove transmission output flange from G260 with your new 30mm thinwall socket
                            4. remove studs/ extra balancer assembly; toss balancer in trash.
                            5. order 6x new guibo bolt/nuts (newer non pressed in style)
                            6. re-install transmission output flange
                            7. assemble and never deal with this again.

If you were local I'd tell you to take car to Ryan G Garage, he is an Ace at this puzzle.
                            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

To all of those that say that the balancer is mounted wrong

Brand new unit from BMW

There are more than one model...

Also since the CSB can move quite a lot and hide the fact that the locking
                              collar on the drive shaft might be tightened and need to be loosened.
                              that way the drive shaft will adjust...

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
                                I'm trying hard to understand this. In my experience the bolts coming from the tranny flange are press fit into the flange along with the balancer so I never had to hold a nut behind that area. All you have to do is line it up and then put the nuts on from the DS side. If yours are all "free" bolts and nuts, I don't know what to say...I've never seen that before. Is the tranny brace in the way at all?
                                if u look at what cabriodster87 posted..that diagram shows you how my driveshaft has the bolts facing the back and the tranny flange is going the opposite direction. (except contrary to the diagram, my guibo is inside that shield.)The opposite bolt direction tho is probably to pull the guibo in both directions keeping it from flexing..

I want to try and loosen the nuts i see but then if the bolt starts spinning in the back, now my tranny is loose..cause an open ended wrench IS NOT fitting between the shield and tranny...i mean it fits, but doesnt reach the recessed nuts or bolts from the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X