• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charley View Post
    To all of those that say that the balancer is mounted wrong

Brand new unit from BMW

There are more than one model...

Also since the CSB can move quite a lot and hide the fact that the locking
    collar on the drive shaft might be tightened and need to be loosened.
    that way the drive shaft will adjust...
    thats weeeeird...why is the balancer even there? whats supposed to be inside then?lol it just looks wrong.haha but what do i know. im stuck
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
      Attach the Guibo to the driveshaft first then attach the guibo+driveshaft to the transmission...

Hey cornopoulos

I just realized the tranny flange sits in front of that shield so I dont think removing the shield will be that simple. The tranny will then be in the way.

But those bolts that are in the pic..the bolt head is on the backside of the guibo. Making it in my case not possible to get any wrenches on it.. Do those bolts spin if i try and take the nuts off of them? If they do then that would be another bolt I cant tighten which i dont need at the moment.lol

Comment

Those bolts are pressed into the flange. You have to take the flange off of the tranny to get them out using heat/air hammer, BFH, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
          Hey cornopoulos

I just realized the tranny flange sits in front of that shield so I dont think removing the shield will be that simple. The tranny will then be in the way.

But those bolts that are in the pic..the bolt head is on the backside of the guibo. Making it in my case not possible to get any wrenches on it.. Do those bolts spin if i try and take the nuts off of them? If they do then that would be another bolt I cant tighten which i dont need at the moment.lol
          No I agree with what you are saying. I was just instructing the OP how to attach the guibo in the correct order or at least the way I found the easiest. There seems to be some discrepancies on where that shield is located though. Like E30GUS stated, those bad boys should be pressed in and should not spin. Maybe there are more differences in this design then I first anticipated. Either or in my case with an 87, this process to around 15 minutes to complete once all the necessary steps to get there were taken.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
            Those bolts are pressed into the flange. You have to take the flange off of the tranny to get them out using heat/air hammer, BFH, etc.
            the flange slides right off after you remove the retaining nut with a 30mm thinwall deep socket.... slides right off-

Please stop pretending you have done this before & posting wrong info.
            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wangstylez View Post
              the flange slides right off after you remove the retaining nut with a 30mm thinwall deep socket.... slides right off-

Please learn how to read before you talk shit. He clearly stated that the bolts are pressed in to the flange and need to be hammered out.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accidorkus View Post
                Please learn how to read before you talk shit. He clearly stated that the bolts are pressed in to the flange and need to be hammered out.

IF OP had proper equipment and know how to remove flange, he probably would not have posted this thread...
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

This thread should have been dead after page 1. Even if the OP has never done this before, there are only a couple ways to put everything together and everyone has told him how to do it the proper way.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                    IF OP had proper equipment and know how to remove flange, he probably would not have posted this thread...

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

now now..be nice

1..it makes no sense to hamer those bolts out..cause then they would spin.haha i got my bolt tight..got the guibo to move enough so i could fit a tool back there.

but there were a lot of ppl suggesting things and it sounded like they never actually did it with the balancer like that and they were just saying what they thought would work..check out my build thread and u will see what i had to go through for it to work..what a pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post

Comment

Mine looks the same as the above picture with balancer behind the guibo.

Also, try dropping the CSB before you attack the guibo. It'll give you tons more wiggle with the driveshaft.

Comment

Working...
                          X