Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMF to SMF Conversion Kit... Looking for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMF to SMF Conversion Kit... Looking for advice.

So, I've got a '91 318is who's clutch is on the slip n' slide. Been looking at options for when I get around to re-doing it and can't necessarily afford to hop up and do a m20 flywheel conversion and purchase/install all the clutch components I need at the moment.

I recently came across Valeo's Dual-mass to Single-mass conversion kit that is being advertised as OEM quality, and includes all the clutch components I need, plus a SMF for about $500...

My question for R3V is: Does anyone have any experience with this kit or any of Valeo's products who might be able to give me any info on the quality of their components/performance capabilities? I haven't managed to find much info or any reviews on my own...

Also, am I delusional as to the reduced cost of going this route vs. a tried and true m20 SMF conversion?
    Any help given would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

Here's the link to the conversion kit on the Valeo site. Meant to put it in the original post.

Comment

Valeo supplied OEM componentry in later (E36?) BMW years- I would trust them.
      I too was looking at their M42 kit, as it's not particularly expensive for what it is.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I've installed Valeo clutches in domestic and Asian cars (no BMW's)- the disks and pressure plates seem to be of decent quality but the pilot and throw out bearings are questionable. I substitute OE or Timken bearings when possible and throw the other stuff in the metal bin. Also the last one I installed was made in Mexico which is a hell of a lot better than Chinese imo.

Comment

Working...
        X