Lighted flywheel typical price?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30leigh
    replied
    im not sure im that brave. i have access to a lathe. no worries. but my worry is that ill go too far and weaken it too much. or make it horribly unbalanced and itll tear off and destroy my car and possibly cut my legs off

    Leave a comment:


  • justin_l_
    replied
    I did mine myself, got it down to 12 lbs.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30leigh
    replied
    wow. in that case ill have mine machined down. heaps cheeper then going a/m just just ditch 3 lbs

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    Wow, most of you guys paid a lot...Mine ran $60 resurfaced, lightened, and balanced.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    I paid $35. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by e30leigh
    how safe is the lightening? it doesnt weaken the flywheel too much?

    a high clamp loading pressure plate isnt going to over stress it? and it will stand up to horse power and torque sweet as?
    It's fine. For reference:

    M30s. Stock have a 26lb FW.

    S35s stock have the same FW, but it weighs 15lbs.

    S35 is much > M30.

    You'll have no problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • drumad
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    $100 is about the going rate but even at $160 that's a much better price than buying an aftermarket one!
    I knew it was sorta high but the machine shop quoted me 300 at first lol.

    I ran with it bc the shop is very reputable and badass.

    Plus I got the flywheel for 20 dollars shipped.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30leigh
    replied
    how safe is the lightening? it doesnt weaken the flywheel too much?

    a high clamp loading pressure plate isnt going to over stress it? and it will stand up to horse power and torque sweet as?

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    $100 is about the going rate but even at $160 that's a much better price than buying an aftermarket one!

    Leave a comment:


  • drumad
    replied
    mine cost 160ish

    Leave a comment:


  • CR325IS
    replied
    I am picking mine up tomorrow 159.75 and they got it down to 13.8lbs. I couldnt find anywhere in my area any better than that.

    Leave a comment:


  • pantelones
    replied
    I was shopping around to get my single mass eta resurfaced, lightened, and balanced; and I ended up paying $110. One shop wouldn't do it, and another wanted $450 to do it. You have to be careful and find a good shop, or you could pay a hefty price. Pun intended?

    Leave a comment:


  • CR325IS
    replied
    safe to say around 100$?

    Leave a comment:


  • Stoner Sam23
    replied
    I paid 100$ got down to 13.5 lbs

    Leave a comment:


  • e30 gangsta
    replied
    i paid $80 resurfaced, balanced and shaved.

    Leave a comment:

Working...