Short Shift Hell!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Shift Hell!!!

how the hell i get these peices off the old lever on the right and on to the new short shifter on the left.....

you have an early e30, it doesnt have the usual stuff we always talk about. i used to have an 85 325e with a SSK, i cut the old lever in half, something i wouldnt recomend doing. but if it comes down to it, do what you have got to do...

*edit*

noob.

Comment

From what i can see the distance above/below the ball are the same thus it wont be any "shorter" plus why would you want to re-used 14 year old warn out grimy plastic? Dont be cheap, if your going to do it, do it right and buy new plastics/bushings for like, 15$.

Comment

This is what i need removed.

Comment

well it's 3 inches shorter then my other one so short enuff for me. HOW DO I GET WHERE THE ARROWS ARE POINTED OFF!?!?!?!??!?

Comment

BUY NEW PIECES.

Don't be a cheapo.

Comment

The only difference I see between those 2 levers is the height of the stalk, above the flared-out portion above the ball. What you have isn't a short shift lever, it's a shorter lever. It will do next to nothing in the way of make your shifts shorter or quicker. Whoever sold you that lever and told you it was a short shift screwed you.

That being said, buy a real short shift kit, and lose the attitude. Quickly.

- Josh

Comment

cut the old lever and take them off, then have fun tryn to get the on the new one...
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Dude, all of those pieces are less than $2.

PS - you can't get them off without cutting the lever. Also, if the rib on the upper part of the lever is larger (or as large) in diameter as the fulcrum, you're SOL.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

money isn't an issue with those parts. assuming these are the right ones....

LOCK RING.........................23411466112........$0 .66
                    SPACER SLEEVE..................23411200844........$1.21
                    COMPRESSION SPRING.........23411200845........$1.12
                    BALL CUP UPPER.................23411466110........$2.51

now...they aren't that expensive are they?

Comment

This might sound kinda ghetto.. but I just took some sharpened wire snips and snipped the metal spring retainer ring and the plastic ring a clean as I could. Pulled them apart just enough to get them off the old shifter onto the new one. The spring just twists off like a key chain ring.

Seriously though.. if $6 is too much money for you to spend on some misc. maintenance parts you're gonna be in a world of shit when it comes time to change your oil.

Comment

That's not a short shifter, no matter what you think.

Listen to Ken's advice.
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                        X