Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IronFreak
    replied
    This is interesting. I see you say that a diesel version of the 6-speed is needed for the m20 tilt, could you just use an AKG style shifter (for lack of better term) and a custom dssr like many of the m30 swap guys make?

I just ask because a 6 speed could be nice, and fresher than old g260's.

But what if I have a custom ASP flywheel for e36 (s52) with a quartermaster triple disc clutch. How would that fly? hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Look at photos on the interwebs.

Dont ask for spoons to feed on

Leave a comment:

• Curt Hayes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    A. S52 engine S52 flywheel+ 6mt Getrag 420 friction disc + s54 pressure plate + 6mt g420 getrag transmission is proven compatible.
    Did you mean S52 or S54 pressure plate?
    I'd heard that the G420 has a short input shaft and the pilot bearing is in the flywheel? That's why I'm asking. Just trying to plan ahead so I'm not air-freighting heavy parts around trying to get my car back on the road in minimum time.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Bump for any more new info out there

Leave a comment:

• Curt Hayes
    replied
    Originally posted by Nutzy View Post
    Use a 330i FW. What FW do you have (if any) right now?
    I have the e36 M3 one that matches my e36 M3 trans. I have an e46 M3 6-speed that I'm going to install this fall and I just want to get the pieces together. Trying to figure out if I need a new flywheel and that adaptor or just a new disk.

Leave a comment:

• jayuuey
    replied
    Just bought a used g260 and sold my 3.25 lsd. Fail x2. Great info though. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Nutzy
    replied
    Use a 330i FW. What FW do you have (if any) right now?

Leave a comment:

• Curt Hayes
    replied
    Originally posted by bmwe30s52SC View Post
    I have the zf gs6-37 transmission from an E46 330ci I believe. installing it into my E30 that has S52 w/ g260

Just ordered my 22 spline clutch disc w/ e36 m3 pressure plate from UUC,

I got the pilot bearing adapter from TC Kline (i think. zionsville has no interest in selling it anymore individually)

Ordered the double sheer shifter carrier, and factory selector rod.

now im going to order the part mentioned in the OP, looks great thanks for sharing! too bad its not $20 anymore haha.

Now I'm wondering, should I just fabricate something together for the bottom piece / cross member or is there an OEM piece I can buy that gets pretty close?

Do i use the E90 automatic one or the E46 6 speed one.

I currently have a white325is brace.
    I can't find that adaptor on the tc Kline website. Do you have a part number?

Leave a comment:

• bmwe30s52SC
    replied
    I have the zf gs6-37 transmission from an E46 330ci I believe. installing it into my E30 that has S52 w/ g260

Just ordered my 22 spline clutch disc w/ e36 m3 pressure plate from UUC,

I got the pilot bearing adapter from TC Kline (i think. zionsville has no interest in selling it anymore individually)

Ordered the double sheer shifter carrier, and factory selector rod.

now im going to order the part mentioned in the OP, looks great thanks for sharing! too bad its not $20 anymore haha.

Now I'm wondering, should I just fabricate something together for the bottom piece / cross member or is there an OEM piece I can buy that gets pretty close?

Do i use the E90 automatic one or the E46 6 speed one.

I currently have a white325is brace.

Leave a comment:

• Nutzy
    replied
    The figures in this chart are with a 3.15 diff. It is possible the GS637DZ has different ratios to the GS637BZ. I am finding 1st gear so low on this box I am just using 2nd gear from a dig with the M50B28 turbo vanos motor. I'm running a 3.25 LSD diff at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Thanks H, I just bought this ZF320 flywheel/clutch setup and new OEM bearings, slave, etc. Too much money to start again right now, maybe in the future.

I found one mention of that zionsville piece vibrating loose... lots of potential to damage things there.

Leave a comment:

• Wanganstyle
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 09-26-2020, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X