Transmission Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Mounts

So started hearing a pinging noise today while I was driving. Got under the car and lo and behold I see this.

This is looking at the drivers side tranny mount I do believe. The nut on both sides are GONE! Don't know if someone made off with them or worked their way off slowly and let go somewhere around these SF potholes. Seems a little strange.

So what nut/mount do I put on their to get it all buttoned back up? I assume that I'll have to jack up the transmission onto the studs. Any help would be much appreciated!
    For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

That was supposed to be held in place with 13mm nuts. Just find ones that fit. Those studs slide on that rail so just move it in place and you are done. Use a prybar to make it fit
    My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Just Bolts and washers. Get some on there ASAP! After you fix that check your CSB and drive shaft since the engine is pretty much balancing on the motor mounts and drive shaft.

Comment

There should be a plain nut and wave washer on each stud. You could use a self locking nut or thread locker, but that isn't necessary.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys. Figured it was something nice and easy. Gona wait till morning when I can put it up on some jacks and get it back on. Pics to follow
          For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

ya thats just the nut the problem is its supposed to be a lock nut. dont put another regular nut on there thats guaranteed to come off again.

you may have to jack the trans to get that back in the hole

but as it stands your trans is still on its mounts

Comment

Working...
            X