Inverted torx bolt attemping to strip with assictans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverted torx bolt attemping to strip with assictans

Are their any good tecniques to get off the inverted torx bits at the top of the bell housing, the tech I used last time( long as extension and breaker bar to ratchet/ ratcheting breaker bar) is working but this one bolt on the pass. side is being a real *%^CH, could really use the help ive heard it go off like a .22 but for some reason i cant get the thing to budge. ive tried coming from the back:D and the middle but i just cant seem to get it to turn any and its even casuing the breaker bar to flex, the extinson is close to 2 ft give or take 3:6 inches.
    hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

What is an "assictans"

Comment

assistance
      hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

Comment

36" extension 3/8's to 1/2" w/ swivel and a 1/2's rattlegun.

Comment

sounds like you need yourself an impact gun, atleast a decent one. aircat makes decent airguns for a good price.

Comment

When you use an impact gun you really want to try to minimize the universals and adpters if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by 997_rich View Post
              When you use an impact gun you really want to try to minimize the universals and adpters if you can.
              this is very true, but i think you would be better off using a few extensions to get your extra leee way then to use any kind of universal joint

Comment

If you can get a ratchet from the top, between the head and the firewall, use a deadblow on the end of the ratchet.
                cars beep boop

Comment

Don't use a dead blow. Use a box end wrench on the end of the ratchet or a cheater pipe to gain more leverage.

Comment

cuss at it a lot, make it feel bad about itself. Leave and come back later and you will be successful.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
                      cuss at it a lot, make it feel bad about itself. Leave and come back later and you will be successful.
                      This works more often than you would think.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                      X