e30 flex disc bolts hitting transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 flex disc bolts hitting transmission

So I finally replaced my broken selector rod and got back on track with replacing my flex disc/csb. After getting the bolts that hold down the transmission flange, I torqued down the bolts that were pointing in the direction of the transmission (front). I started turning the driveshaft and it seems that my bolts are too long. just by a hair. They keep grazing some points of the transmission. Not sure if I put the flex disc in the right way or the bolts that came with the disc are too long.

And when putting the bolts in is it bolt>guibo>trans/driveshaft flange>nut

install the bolts pointing in the other direction
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

tried putting head bolts through flanges first, but I can't get the bolts into the transmission flange. bolts way to long to get in

Comment

Originally posted by joshhmann View Post
        tried putting head bolts through flanges first, but I can't get the bolts into the transmission flange. bolts way to long to get in
        Try taking the guibo off again and sliding them through, then put it back on. Yes, it sucks that you have to do the job twice, but at least do it the right way and learn from it.
        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

The bolts are too long. Grind a bit of the ends of them.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
          X