shaving a flywheel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • erik325i
    replied
    I'm not sure how much the stock weight is, but I think most people bring it down to 12 Lbs.

    -Erik

    Leave a comment:


  • e30 gangsta
    replied
    Originally posted by Schnell 318
    anyone know what a safe weight to get removed is?
    4 to 5 pounds like i said.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schnell 318
    replied
    anyone know what a safe weight to get removed is?

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    I wouldn't bring it in to your corner transmission store.

    Get a phone book and start calling local machine shops and engine builders and you will find a place that can do it. I found a machine shop in my town that did it for $120 (shaved and resurfaced).

    Leave a comment:


  • e30 gangsta
    replied
    Originally posted by Schnell 318
    Where can I take my stock flywheel to that will shave and balance it?
    Will an average joe transmission shop have the know how to lighten a BMW flywheel properly?
    I took mine to miami clutch. A big clutch place down here. And they refered me to a machine shop. Just get like 4-5 pounds taken off and get it resurfaced.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schnell 318
    started a topic shaving a flywheel

    shaving a flywheel

    Where can I take my stock flywheel to that will shave and balance it?
    Will an average joe transmission shop have the know how to lighten a BMW flywheel properly?
Working...