clutch master cylinder issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch master cylinder issues.

So I have an issue. I am trying to change the clutch master cylinder in my 87 325is but i can't get the little plastic 90ยบ hose barb that goes to the reservoir to stay in. I can get it.about halfway in and the it just pops out. Any ideas??

So no one at all has any idea what I can do to get the hose barb to actually stay in??

Comment

It's difficult to do tucked deep under the dash. My advice is to remove it from the car with the hose intact. Lubricate it with fluid and install by hand, then fish the hose back up to the reservoir and install everything...then bleed at the slave. That elbow is easily damaged so I hope you didn't use any tools on it. You don't want to do this job again and have to clean up brake fluid from your carpet.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-08-2014, 04:51 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I removed the master from the car completely but unhooked the hose that goes to the reservoir. I unscrewed the hard line from the old one and just can't get the plastic 90* hose barb to stay in the rubber grommet for the hose to the reservoir. I was thinking of trying to get a slightly smaller one but I'm worried it might not be a tight enough fit.

Comment

Working...
        X