Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 speed swap parts and cost - HELP

Hey guys,

Probably asked a million times but prices seem to be going up on e30 stuff and i wanr to make sure im not getting ripped off...heres the story.

Buying "everything" for a 5 speed swap but the transmission. Im looking for advice because I've never done this before and I'm new to e30s. I also dont know what "everything" means and want to make sure i cover my bases. I have offered $450.00 for the following parts:

Drive shaft
    Cross member w/mounts
    Master cylinder w/lines
    Slave cylinder w/lines
    Shifter assembly w/new bushings
    Clutch fork
    Pedal assembly
    Reverse harness
    Clutch pressure plate
    Flywheel
    Throw bearing
    Exhaust shield

Is this a good price to pay for these parts? What else would I need to complete this swap? Any help would be awesome

Thanks,

David

Hey David,

I'm surprised no one answered you yet but in short... Yes that's a good price. There are other factors that comes into play when doing this swap such as lubricant stuff for the bolts/nuts, manual tranny fluid, you mind as well replace the main bearing gasket, engine mounts, tranny mounts, new guibo and new DF center bearing, and a decent clutch kit. It's better to get new stuff for the stuff that wears out such as bushings/mounts, and clutch.

I am actually planning on doing another auto to manual swap in the spring so I'm slowly gathering parts. It's an easy conversion so let us know how it goes. :)

Comment

Awesome!

It's good to know that the swap isn't too crazy because it will be my first time doing one. I know it won't be easy but it know a friend and I can do it in a weekend or so..

I figured that all of the bushing and smaller items would be better if they were brand new. So I'll just start collecting parts. Haha. Might take me a few months.

Thanks again,

David

Comment

Working...
      X