Does an 88' 325is have a CDV ?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does an 88' 325is have a CDV ?!?!?!?!

Hey guys I have done some research on this but I can't seem to find a deffinite answer.

Does my 88' 325is have a CDV (Clutch Delay Valve)

I have seen somewhere that said they didn't and some that said they did just looking for a clear answer so maybe if it does i can remove it to relieve some of the jerking I get between 1st and 2nd.

Could there also maybe be any other factors as to why I am real jerky in-between those gears? normal back pressure causes this?? i know I need to replace my center support because I believe there is play in it because i get vibration from it in low end on 3rd. could this cause my issue??

Thanks in advanced for anyone with some help love this forum everyone is very helpful!!

(Also sorry if i missed a thread about this have sat for hours searching I'm a noob here so feel free to direct me to where i should be if I am missing something.)
    88' BMW 325is - Daily

I had a 88is, and I don't remember seeing a CDV on that car, and I did the clutch and clutch master, CSB and driveshaft on that car,

if the CSB is ripped and letting the shaft move side to side it can be "jerky"
    88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

There is not a CDV on an E30. that came in with the E36.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "jerkiness", but the odds are that the guibo, center support bearing, and drive shaft are overdue for replacement. You cannot assess the condition of the drive shaft with it out of the car. Any play or notichiness in the u-joints is cause for replacement. Also check the differential mounting bolts and bushing.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Yep I have a driveshaft and new guibo to throw on guess its about time was also just interested bout the cdv so thats good to know. Thanks guys
        88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

As to jerkiness, look at engine mounts, problems in the throttle cable, etc...

hth

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

If it was the throttle cable i would think the jerkiness would be random or in all gears. mine is only in bottom of 2nd really. and if in 1st and hit the clutch pedal ill get a knock from then bottom back like the u joint has play or something.
            88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

It's often worse in lower gears simply because the transmission multiplies the torque
              of the engine, and thus, the engine moves around more in reaction to throttle inputs.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Well yes I know what you mean but I'm talking about actual movement in my driveline.
                Like i said if i drive slow in that bottom end torque and throw in the clutch i get a knock from underneath. So obviously it must be my u joint which also is the cause of the vibration in that bottom end.
                88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Forgot to reply to this but it ended up being bad U-Joints
                  88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Working...
                  X