Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valvoline 50w-90 High-Performance? Diff oil help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valvoline 50w-90 High-Performance? Diff oil help?

I see people running 75w-90 as well as 75-140. Local auto parts store has 80-90 and 85-140. Also looking at Valvoline High Performance since Royal Purp is 20 a qrt. Anyone tried this and it not blow a diff apart?

Going to pull the diff cover off since PO destroyed the drain bolt plus I have the Condor diff busing to throw in, main question is high temp rtv good enough since I can't find a gasket locally???
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

I meant 80-90 in the Title.

Also, the diff cover can be removed with the diff still attached correct>??
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Not sure about the cover... but I've been running Redline 75w90 NS since I got the car, no issues.
      Estoguy
      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

RTV (ultrablack permatex) is just fine.

You can do it in the car, but it's hard to get/keep things clean and keep the RTV from
        getting wiped off when you weasel the cover back on- you end up having to bend
        the back tab back some.

I use the heavy weight in the street cars, and the lighter weight in the race car.
        For no real apparent reasons... and it seems to work fine.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X