Shifter slop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter slop

Hello, i have a 260/5 out of an 88 325i im using to do my 5sp swap. It has quite a bit of slop in the shifter. It seems to be from where the selector rod meets the rod going into the transmission. It looks like there's a bushing missing, but when i looked it up on realoem, all it shows is 2 black o-rings and a plastic washer. Im wondering if theres an aftermarket bushing i can buy or if anyone is familiar w this problem and knows a solution? TIA

You're right.
    Probably just put in a washer to take up the slack on both ends.
    There's bushings from IE but it won't take up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by brickdaddy View Post
      Hello, i have a 260/5 out of an 88 325i im using to do my 5sp swap. It has quite a bit of slop in the shifter. It seems to be from where the selector rod meets the rod going into the transmission. It looks like there's a bushing missing, but when i looked it up on realoem, all it shows is 2 black o-rings and a plastic washer. Im wondering if theres an aftermarket bushing i can buy or if anyone is familiar w this problem and knows a solution? TIA
      If you want the two little washer I think I have a pair I can send you. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayoncrusier93 View Post
        If you want the two little washer I think I have a pair I can send you. Let me know.
        Yes please. pm'ing you now

Comment

Working...
        X