# of torx bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# of torx bolts?

I am removing my manual trans from my 87 325e. How many female torx bolts are there that hold the trans on? Looks like there might be 4. Anyone know?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

E10 I believe. buy a complete set from Sears, they sell Lisle tools.

Comment

No, I mean how many bolts are there that hold the trans to the engine.
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

4 hold the trans to the gnine, they are the larger size. 4 smaller ones hold the tranny to the adapter below the engine.
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Are the 4 smaller ones you are talking about torx as well? Do I have to remove the starter? The Bently says you don't.

Comment

there are actually 3 different sizes.. be careful not to strip them, they are a bitch!

and yes, you must remove the starter, or the backing plate between the engine and tranny gets caught on the flywheel.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok, thanks. I have the 4 torx out and after I get the starter out I should be able to remove the trans right? All I see is the 4 torx bolts.

Thanks.

Comment

you have to remove the ones on the adapter too, or it will get caught on the flywheel as well. but otherwise, yes. and don't forget the hex bolt on the passenger side that bolts the covering plate to the transmission..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wow, the bently forgot to mention a little bit of stuff. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                  X