Carbon Fiber Syncrhonizer for 260?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber Syncrhonizer for 260?

I have not been able to find any. I don't believe that they are being made for this transmission. I had plans to rebuild it soon. My friend who has done a quite a few rebuilds been searching.

Should I even worry? I just like the 'security' so to speak.
    Last edited by HerbE30; 08-26-2017, 03:54 PM.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Never heard of such a thing for an older BMW. Brass was the dominant technology of the day.

There have been some concerns that the current BMW parts were changed, and are not holding
    up in the Pro3 cars... but that's paddock discussion.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

What is wrong with the OEM synchronizer? perhaps its time to ugrade the monkey behind the wheel if one is lunching synros very often.

The G260 shared synchronizers with G265 and others, and they are honestly very durable if not abused.
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I didn't know of anything to be wrong with the original synchros. I do need a monkey upgrade now that you mention it...

In all seriousness I have never had any issues with this transmission. Just as I said a fail-safe or precaution.

I need to learn NOT to plan for failure. haha
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Failing to plan is planning to fail. Unfortunately so are a lot of other things.

Comment

Working...
          X