¿auto to 5speed coversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

¿auto to 5speed coversion?

i was wondering how much labor is involved in doing a 5speed conversion if i bought all the parts already. does anybody know aprox. how much it would cost to do ????

Originally posted by bignate948 View Post
    i was wondering how much labor is involved in doing a 5speed conversion if i bought all the parts already. does anybody know aprox. how much it would cost to do ????

Shouldn't be much more then a clutch replacement. You do have to replace the differential, which'll definitely add to the cost. I'd say 5-700. More then that and they're ripping you off.h

Comment

you dont need to replace the differential!!! a 3.73 5 speed and a 4.10 auto, if you changed the auto you dont need to change the differential!

Comment

It'll be a few hours more than a clutch replacement. Putting the pedal box in with the master cylinder, and then running the clutch lines is a bit of work. There's also minor wiring to do so that the car will start and the reverse lights will work.

Comment

I would help but you are 2 1/2 hours away from Columbus. Don't know how to do it but I could help.

Comment

I have heard something like $800 if you have the parts. THat is real ballpark though. If you want to attempt it yourself there is a really good thread by the other Marvin with pictures for every single step.
            '86 325 original owner for 20 years * SOLD *
            '86 325es * SOLD *
            '05 Honday Odyssey Minivan.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin_Hecht View Post
              I have heard something like $800 if you have the parts. THat is real ballpark though. If you want to attempt it yourself there is a really good thread by the other Marvin with pictures for every single step.
              the pictures came up as red X's for me!!

Comment

TJ did it I am sure he'll chime in soon.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

theres a guy down here works on bmws and benz says hell swap it for $500 so it can be done for $500 labor. It took me and my dad about a day to do the swap, having all the tools and parts on hand helped big time. Its pretty easy. the hardest part was getting those bolts on the top of the bellhousing of the tranny....besure to have lots of extensions and those swivel joints. i used about 3ft of extensions with my dad helping. electric torque wrench helped big time. tranny is about 50-80 lbs be prepared....jack ure car as high as can go.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                  PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Working...
                  X