Output shaft lock help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output shaft lock help

Can someone tell me the correct procedure on how to install this without ruining it? Does the nut need to be tightened and then this gets installed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF2E09B7-0EA6-45F5-8CA2-396DB80479AB.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	9886864
    Attached Files

Tighten nut, smash outer edge in to voids, one time use.

Comment

I thought that silver thing was also to help stop the oil leaking out, i don't have the bently on me at the moment but it describes what to do in there, and it involved putting sealant of sorts on the gearbox side of that silver doovey im fairly sure. I did it a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        I thought that silver thing was also to help stop the oil leaking out, i don't have the bently on me at the moment but it describes what to do in there, and it involved putting sealant of sorts on the gearbox side of that silver doovey im fairly sure. I did it a few years ago.
        The “sealant” - loctite really - is on the bearing side of the nut. Some put a lite gasket maker on the threads of the output shaft and some done. The silver piece doesn’t help with keeping in oil, only to lock the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Tighten nut, smash outer edge in to voids, one time use.
          I’m trying to find a visual. I hit it a little with the hammer to get it tucked more into the hole and it usually fails after that. Does it just sit on top (like in my pic) and then you take a hammer and indent all 3 with a flat head?

Comment

Working...
          X