Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan CD009 Transmission: E30 Clutch Master Options

All,

My 1JZ + 6 Speed e30 project is nearing mechanical completion in that it currently runs and drives. An issue that I'm trying to overcome is the somewhat incompatible proportions of the stock e30 master cylinder vs the Nissan CD009 slave cylinder. The CD009 is running a stage 4 (600ft/lb) clutch via an adapted flywheel to the Toyota 1JZ.

I have a clutch pedal, but it is very very firm and isn't conducive to subtle modulation. It'll be the death of me in traffic. Having been through the system, I have concluded that it is a matter of disproportionate master and slave sizing.

Has anyone adapted a Wilwood (or similar) master cylinder to mount within the stock location under the dash? I think a simple bracket off of the existing 2 bolting points should position something in an appropriate spot. I don't want to go with a pedal box at this point as I'm happy with everything else.

If anyone has any photos/references, please share them.

TIA

Larger diameter slave would slow the pedal down and make it lighter as well.

Comment

In the interest of bettering the world, I figured this out.

Stock (as we all know)

Ebay rep for mockup purposes

Swapped out plunger for an e30 item

Then swung it into place to see how/if it'd fit

Mocked up a template

Made a metal bracket to mount to the stock master bolting points

The plunger was partially offset with the crappy plastic pedal version, but due to the ball seat, it didn't influence the stroke.

This allowed me to bleed and try the system, which was a complete success:

I then bought a metal version clutch pedal, moved the pickup point, so I now have a perfect pedal actuation.

Successful BMW e30 + Nissan CD009 Trans!

Comment

Nicely done!

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X