Garagistic Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic Shifter

Is anyone here using the Garagistic chassis mount shifter? I purchased one to use when I do my tranny swap this spring, but the more I read about it the more I'm questioning it it's right for me. The car it will go in is a vert and will only see occasional street use in warm months; it will never be a racer. From what I've read, the chassis mounted shifter really is more of a race application. Should I stick with the traditional set-up, maybe get a z3 shifter instead? Thanks. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1988 Alpinweiss 325i Convertible

I was wondering this during my S52 swap. I've never used one so can't comment, but I watched videos online and decided the notchiness wasn't worth it. Ended up going with a z3 shifter and am happy.
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I bought a generic 'short shift lever' off ePay for $20. It works fine.

The chassis mount shifters do no favors whatsoever for your synchros.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X