need confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need confirmation

I went to get in my car today and discovered that my clutch pedal was on the floor. I checked the fluid reservoir and found it to be empty with a puddle under the left of the car. the carpet inside was bone dry. I believe it to be the clutch slave cylinder since the brakes (from what i was told) are still pretty solid. Am i right or am i wrong?

I didnt have a chance to look at it because I had to play driver for my gf because she hates driving 45 miles one way to see her mom.

If im right, should i do the clutch master aswell? Also, how hard of a job is this to do? I have a bentley manual, but not in my posession atm. Ive never had to do anything with a hydraulic clutch before, only replaced clutch cables on volkswagens. :roll:

Thankyou for your help.

Slave cylinder is a really good bet.

The master is a little bit of a bitch.
    I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

thanks for the info. I looked at it and the interior of the car seems dry to me, and under the car near the transmission has a little puddle and a bunch of fluid spray on the left of the transmission and the surrounding area. my bet is the slave. but how likely is it that the hose needs to be changed too?

Comment

hopefully the fluid didnt go into the bellhousing. my slave popped and dumped fluid all over the clutch, ruining it. had to replace it

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

i hope to God that didnt happen. ut looks like itd be a pain in the ass to replace the clutch in my driveway

Comment

Hope you can bench press a transmission...
            Originally posted by george graves
            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

^^All 70 pounds of it.

Comment

its repaired and driving better than before. that was not a fun job though. i think id almost rather hit myself in the testicles with a hammer than do that again any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancynic View Post
                  i think id almost rather hit myself in the testicles with a hammer than do that again any time soon.
                  Um, ouch....

So what was it? the slave and the clutch? Or just the slave?
                  ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

it was just the slave. the clutch was fine. i replaced the master and the hose between the master and slave just to be safe tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X