Medium Case and Small Case Diff Output Flanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medium Case and Small Case Diff Output Flanges

Are the output flanges the same size/length internally for the small and medium case diffs? I recently bought a 4.10 medium case LSD from a friend that came without output flanges. Will I be able to swap in the flanges from my small case open 4.10? I have read contradicting information on this so thought I'd ask. I know the axles will bolt up to both flanges just fine, but I think the splined/internal part of the medium case flanges could be ~5mm longer? Any info on this would be great. I tried searching, but as I said, I found lots of conflicting information.

Thanks!

Any input on this? Before starting the swap I want to make sure I have all the necessary pieces.

Comment

The PNs on RealOEM differ, as do some of the other related parts, so I can't tell from that. If you are going to have it all apart anyway, then maybe just try pulling the existing small case flanges and seeing if they fit / work in the medium case diff. Unless someone here can confirm for sure that they can be interchanged, I'd probably just try to get a pair of used medium case flanges.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thanks for the response! Yea I noticed the bearings that the flanges slide into are different sizes on RealOEM. Guessing that must mean they are different. Will source some medium diff flanges before doing the swap for sure! When I've got it all out, I'll see if the flanges are indeed the same or not and will post back in this thread for anyone else who may have this same question

Comment

Working...
        X