Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panici View Post
    You're welcome!

Front end feels pretty dialed now, but I don't think any of that was due to the changes I made in the rear. I did upgrade to a 22mm ST Suspensions Front Swaybar (at the same time I upgraded the rear bar).
    Actually, wish I would have gone a little thicker with the front bar as my springs are quite soft.
    The rest of the front end I had already addressed previous to this.

I'm running a Z3 steering rack (2.7 turns lock-to-lock), 370mm diameter M-Tech I steering wheel, Lemförder E30 M3 Offset Control Arm Bushings, H&R Sport Springs (w/ 1/4 inactive coil cut from front), Bilstein Sport Dampers (w/ cut front internal bumpstops), AKG Front Swaybar Reinforcement Plates, E90 Drop Hats (10-15mm drop), 318i Thinner Front Spring Pads (6mm drop), Lemförder LCAs.​
    Understood… my front end will be the CA tuned coilovers, Lemforder FCAs with SRS FCABs, oem sway bars, Garagistic Strut bar, Z3 rack (1.9L), any recommendations on this setup or additions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by steel330i View Post
      Understood… my front end will be the CA tuned coilovers, Lemforder FCAs with SRS FCABs, oem sway bars, Garagistic Strut bar, Z3 rack (1.9L), any recommendations on this setup or additions?
      I don't have any experience with coilovers (except that you get what you pay for). Make sure they have enough travel if you're planning on going low. Adjustability to dial in the ride comfort would also be nice. Check with the manufacturer to see if they're valved appropriately for the springrates you're planning to use.

Is the SRS FCAB kit a solid metal mount setup?
      I personally went with E30 M3 offset rubber in the original lollypops. Firmed up things quite a bit compared to the original rubber bushings with built-in void areas.
      Hard mounting suspension components is appropriate for a dedicated race car, but needlessly harsh on the street.
      Heck I don't even like poly bushings, I only use them when the rubber isn't stiff enough to control movement.

I run rubber engine & trans mounts despite having turbo-flange-to-fender contact from engine movement. (I really should pull the turbo and trim that corner to stop dinging the freshly painted engine bay)

A rubber mount is easier on the chassis, components, and ultimately your body.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

I don't have any experience with coilovers (except that you get what you pay for). Make sure they have enough travel if you're planning on going low. Adjustability to dial in the ride comfort would also be nice. Check with the manufacturer to see if they're valved appropriately for the springrates you're planning to use.

Is the SRS FCAB kit a solid metal mount setup?
        I personally went with E30 M3 offset rubber in the original lollypops. Firmed up things quite a bit compared to the original rubber bushings with built-in void areas.
        Hard mounting suspension components is appropriate for a dedicated race car, but needlessly harsh on the street.
        Heck I don't even like poly bushings, I only use them when the rubber isn't stiff enough to control movement.

I run rubber engine & trans mounts despite having turbo-flange-to-fender contact from engine movement. (I really should pull the turbo and trim that corner to stop dinging the freshly painted engine bay)

A rubber mount is easier on the chassis, components, and ultimately your body.
        Yeah so all of my mounts that I'm intending to use are Garagistic red poly mounts (80A) so stiffer than rubber for sure… never experienced it so I may love it or hate it… the FCABs are all metal minus the delrin insert but needed for header clearance and helps with geometry issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X