V8 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 swap thread

i searched and searched and i havnt found many threads about v8 swaps... can anyone point me in the direction of doing v8 swaps?

ive seen one about a ls1 swap, and i hear people put 5.0 ford motors in them too

thanks

google e30ls1 and this was the first thing that came up
    looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
    email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

dont be gay.

keep the 5.0s and ls1 in the cars they came in.

Comment

For a price ($150), you can get a book from the father/son duo that swapped an LS1 in thier e30. It covers the whole process, supposedly very complete.
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by coolasacuc View Post
          dont be gay.

keep the 5.0s and ls1 in the cars they came in.
          LS1+ are great engines.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            LS1+ are great engines.
            nah m62+e30=cooler and with German quality
            looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
            email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
              WTF Fuck that LS1 FTW !!!! dude throw a ls9 and then ur b00sting too! 630hp fuck man i wish!

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
                I am not going to say m62 isn't cool...but even "edge motorwerks" (i think that's who it was with an e36 autocross/track car) ditched the m60 in favor of ls1. it's not like they didn't have money to tune the m60, this was after they already did the swap too..it's just ls1 is compact, huge aftermarket support and is a better value etc :)
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

just get a camaro then and join an F-Body forum instead.

Comment

I wouldn't kick an LS1 E30 out of bed in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by zav3n View Post
                      WTF Fuck that LS1 FTW !!!! dude throw a ls9 and then ur b00sting too! 630hp fuck man i wish!
                      Fuck...
                      ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

It would be LS1 hands down for me. How man m6x motors out there are making 400+ to the wheels n/a with $1500-2000 in parts....? I'll wait

It makes no sense to me to go through the hassle of swapping a V8 for less than 300whp with no aftermarket support.
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I want to see a 6.1 hemi swap.
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Everyone does what he / she wants but i see no reason swapping an ancient engine in your car. Even though it's cheap and you can buy all kind of parts for it (which only take it up to 80hp/l where many proper engines are when leaving the factory).

If you want to go fast, swap M50 turbo. If you want good economy, swap M52. And if you really want those antique pushrods, pay ridicilous 150$ for a book and swap the engine in..
                            - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                            - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                            - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                            - E46 318i Touring -
                            - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
                              Everyone does what he / she wants but i see no reason swapping an ancient engine in your car. Even though it's cheap and you can buy all kind of parts for it (which only take it up to 80hp/l where many proper engines are when leaving the factory).

If you want to go fast, swap M50 turbo. If you want good economy, swap M52. And if you really want those antique pushrods, pay ridicilous 150$ for a book and swap the engine in..

LOL. I'll concede your point about the 5.0, but LSx? Compared to a "modern" (20 year old) M50???? Yeah right.
                              I expect next your going to tell me that C6's use antique suspension technology compared to your trailing arm/mac strut e30?
                              :D
                              Nathan

Comment

Working...
                              X