No announcement yet.

M60 Swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's exactly the same just a 3L instead of a 4L?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      So it's exactly the same just a 3L instead of a 4L?

Yup... well, mostly the same. Smaller bore, intake runners, smaller diameter throttle body, but the main architecture is identical...

Garey

Comment

Ok I see.

Just looked it up and WOW that's a huge power difference
        it makes like 5hp more then an m30. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          Ok I see.

Just looked it up and WOW that's a huge power difference
          it makes like 5hp more then an m30. Ouch.
          Yeah, that's why nobody pays them much respect...

Garey

Comment

Jean, FYI check out the X5 for the oil line coming out of the mount arm. Some/maybe all X5 had a separate oil line that was not integrated into the drivers side mount. I cant find the PN though right now.
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
              Jean, FYI check out the X5 for the oil line coming out of the mount arm. Some/maybe all X5 had a separate oil line that was not integrated into the drivers side mount. I cant find the PN though right now.
              The E39 V8's also had the remote filter/lines...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                The E39 V8's also had the remote filter/lines...

Garey
                its not just a remote filter... its the mount and oil block in 2 pieces...

e30sport.net
                '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Nice! Thanks for that! And it's pretty cheap too http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...11&fg=30&hl=14
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                    Yup... well, mostly the same. Smaller bore, intake runners, smaller diameter throttle body, but the main architecture is identical...

Garey
                    Throttle bodies are actually the same, at least on ASC cars. The only smalle part is actually a spacer after the intake tube on the back of the maf.

I am almost done with my b40 for b30 swap in my e34 touring.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                      Throttle bodies are actually the same, at least on ASC cars. The only smalle part is actually a spacer after the intake tube on the back of the maf.

I am almost done with my b40 for b30 swap in my e34 touring.
                      I meant the MAF, not the throttle body... my bad. The intakes themselves are of a different volume, internally... a common swap is to put a B40 intake on a B30 motor. But as I said, the architecture of the 2 motors is the same, so they are similar, but different...Lol.

540 Touring... sounds pretty awesome. 5 speed, 6 speed or auto?

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
                        its not just a remote filter... its the mount and oil block in 2 pieces...

That is a very useful swap part. With two -10 AN Aluminum bungs welded to it, that plate is a slick take-off to a remote filter/cooler. I was going to either tap the block, or build my own plate with O-ring'd counterbores, but this is easier and less expensive.

Thanks for the info guys,
                        -Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BruceBe View Post
                          That is a very useful swap part. With two -10 AN Aluminum bungs welded to it, that plate is a slick take-off to a remote filter/cooler. I was going to either tap the block, or build my own plate with O-ring'd counterbores, but this is easier and less expensive.

Thanks for the info guys,
                          -Bruce
                          Yea well, there's no real advantage in that as you can modify the original engine mount accordingly..

... just to point out that buying the X5 thingie is complete waste of money.
                          - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                          - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                          - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                          - E46 318i Touring -
                          - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

^ it's only about $30 according to realoem link.... not a big waste imho.
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              ^ it's only about $30 according to realoem link.... not a big waste imho.
                              thats why I just tapped the block
                              looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
                              email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
                                Yea well, there's no real advantage in that as you can modify the original engine mount accordingly..

... just to point out that buying the X5 thingie is complete waste of money.
                                That's what I did... thinking I might tap the block, though. Tapping it gets rid of 2 more o-rings that can potentially leak at some point, too.:up:

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X