No announcement yet.

The semi-Comprehensive M60b40 into E30 swap Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I REALLY want to get my swap started!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceBe View Post
      "Basically, there are three models of BMW that used this clutch kit - e36 328i (all body styles), E39 528i Sedan, and Z3 2.8 Roadster. The OEM clutch kit is part #21211223602, but again, we used the Clutchmasters upgrade for the application.
      Is there no aftermarket for the 530i clutch/flywheel combo?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
        Is there no aftermarket for the 530i clutch/flywheel combo?
        Not that I could find. I poured over Sachs catalogs, and called a few aftermarket vendors.

In the end, we're pretty happy with how it worked out. Parts availability is good, and the e39 flywheel provides an upgrade path to an OBDII 4.4L engine in the future (though, I'm very interested in the hybrid engine that Garey has come up with).

-Bruce

Comment

Anyone know if its possible to use the oem 325i booster+MC for the remote setup? just like the one from e32/e34 v8's.

I do not want to increase the size of my MC since my brakes are pretty good as is.

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

If you can make it fit, sure.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by einarsss View Post
              Anyone know if its possible to use the oem 325i booster+MC for the remote setup? just like the one from e32/e34 v8's.

I do not want to increase the size of my MC since my brakes are pretty good as is.

Umm... why would you do this? Just use the parts from V8 E32 / E34, they are smaller and better in performance (you won't end up with "too powerful" brakes)..
              - E34 M5 (x 2) -
              - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
              - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
              - E46 318i Touring -
              - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
                Umm... why would you do this? Just use the parts from V8 E32 / E34, they are smaller and better in performance (you won't end up with "too powerful" brakes)..

I've tried the e32 750Mc (25mm) and the pedal was way too stiff.

The V8 stuff is not that common here in Iceland and with our currency exchange rate with € or $ is not good :( But I was wondering why no one uses the oem booster+mc since its a good combo for my brake setup.

e38 brembo 4 piston calipers @ front

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

einarsss - I am willing to ship you an e32/e34 v8 booster with it's mc and mounting bracket at cost plus actual shipping if you choose to go that route.

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

pm'd :)

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

Originally posted by einarsss View Post
                      The V8 stuff is not that common here in Iceland and with our currency exchange rate with € or $ is not good :( But I was wondering why no one uses the oem booster+mc since its a good combo for my brake setup.

The problem is that the diameter on the original booster is not very good from V-engine point of view :)
                      - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                      - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                      - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                      - E46 318i Touring -
                      - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

where can i get the bit to remove an m60 flywheel? found one at the yard and had a mental implosion when i saw the torx was actually a 5 point.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          where can i get the bit to remove an m60 flywheel? found one at the yard and had a mental implosion when i saw the torx was actually a 5 point.
                          ebay or UUC... they're not cheap ~$50-60

Garey

Comment

is it a t50 or t60 bit?
                            Last edited by mkcman17; 12-05-2011, 11:21 PM.
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

It has to be a LONG THIN socket to clear the flywheel...that design just sucks.

Comment

i saw that autozone has long torx socket sets that have worked?
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X