Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jean View Post
    You suck

If you'd used the site, you'd have seen that there are three listed for $270 in Stockton. :p

You're Welcome
    Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 11-11-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Oh damn! Thank you thank you.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Hey M6x guys, I came across this document with LOTS of detailed technical info on the M62... Thought you guys might find it useful.
        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
          Hey M6x guys, I came across this document with LOTS of detailed technical info on the M62... Thought you guys might find it useful.
          http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/M62%20Engine%20Details.pdf
          Very nice find. I have something similar.on m62tu and vanos ill need to upload.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yeah I was trying to find out the difference in exterior dimensions (length) and weight between the S65 and M62 just out of curiosity. Couldn't find much useful info on that.
            But I did find out that they have the same cylinder spacing(center to center).
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              Very nice find. I have something similar.on m62tu and vanos ill need to upload.
              This?

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                Came across a reference today to the M62 and S62 using a crank sensor in the bellhousing reading a trigger wheel on the flywheel.

So be careful that your transmission will support the engine management you choose.
                I already grabbed a 5 speed, so I'll have to modify the bellhousing to include the crank sensor for my S62 swap.

Also, check out www.car-parts.com for ANY used OE part you might want for swaps like this.
                Hello Dark Side. What 5 speed are you using for a s62 swap? I have an e30 m3 with a s52 right now. Bought myself a s62 kit several months ago. I would like to shave any pounds I can + try to make the swap as simple as it can get.

Comment

The same S5D-310Z (320Z?) that everyone else is talking about. They were used in '94 & '95 E34 530i. They just have the V8 bellhousing pattern on the front.

What "kit" did you get? What's in it?

Comment

i have the s62 engine, 6speed transmission, dme, a/c compressor, ews, + flywheel of a 2001 euro m5

Comment

Ahh... Ok, you got a complete pullout.

I was thinking "kit" meant mounts, wiring, right selection of hoses, etc.

Top gear in the 5 speed is 1:1, while top gear in the 6 speed is 0.83:1. They both have approximately the same 4.20:1 first gear.

With the 5 speed, you'll need a very tall rear end ratio to keep the RPM down on the highway.

Of course I expect you wouldn't log a lot of highway miles in DomRep.

Comment

nope not really..i was thinking of using 3.15 from an e36 m3. what could be my topspeed if i used a 5 speed with this diff using the v8 setup?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                          With the 5 speed, you'll need a very tall rear end ratio to keep the RPM down on the highway.
                          what's the point? i think most of us e30 guys have grown accustomed to cruising 4k at 80mph.
                          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                            what's the point? i think most of us e30 guys have grown accustomed to cruising 4k at 80mph.
                            Speak for yourself!

I had a 3.73 mated to a zf320 in my e30 and I HATED it on the highway. My work commute is a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving so it gets old REALLY fast. I can definitely appreciate a lower revving more "refined" highway commute.
                            Originally posted by ebelements
                            Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

i think by 'really tall' he's still referring to longer than 2.79 still.
                              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

A 4.0-and even more a 4.4-when used with the non-overdrive ZF 5 speed could easily pull 2.56 or taller rear gear in a body as light as the E30. BMW makes them down to 2.35 for European diesel cars.
                                2.79 is the tallest that's easy to put in an E30 in the US, so we'll roll with that for an example. With the 4.20 first in the ZF and 2.79 rear, the overall ratio in first would be 11.7, which is quite aggressive. A V8 would be able to break tires loose at will in a RWD E30 with that first gear... especially if used with a lightweight flywheel and clutch.

Comment

Working...
                                X