Custom Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with Lego

This is obviously not done IN the car, installed, but just for kicks.

This would be a theoretical start to a Tri-Y design. In this case, I've taken the proper pair of ports and made stepped primaries that are now at exactly the same spot, ready to join a 2:1 collector.

The more time I look at this, the less happy I am with the pre-fab engine brackets I have. It becomes clear that using the factory engine bracket perhaps cut and modified will leave more space to design a proper header set up. In the E36, stock location fore-aft for the E38/E39 mounting bracket would only require welding a platform where you guys have it, ie, in front of crossmember, alongside the steering column. If designed properly, it can be above and over the portion where the shaft goes... in fact, I think the standard engine mount makes it easy that way.

Anyway, thought an example of this tool in use would be cool to see. As I mentioned, I bought a mixed bag of parts, 1.625 and 1.75, so the change in color is a "step" in the design.

Alex.

(edit: For those looking closely, no, I'm not doing my work on the space shuttle, and I've not glued header nuts to the underside of a head, the engine is upside down on a stand as I work on the oilpan and pump solution)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by M3 euro ltw; 09-29-2013, 10:14 AM. Reason: (image comment)
    sigpic
    Trying to make the world a better place, 6 TB at a time.
    http://abloriginalparts.com/

Comment

Working...
    X