1995 m60 x20 to 1987 325ic c101 pinout prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 m60 x20 to 1987 325ic c101 pinout prob

I have searching till I'm crosseyed looking for pinouts for my v8 swap. I haven't found a single pinout or diagram that is the same as my two connectors so I am resorting to asking for help. Most of what I've found is similar but not the same. Just being cautious. Here is what i have.

1995 540 M60 x20

1.blue/white
    2.blue/yellow
    3.red/white
    4.black/blue
    5.black/grey
    6.violet/grey
    7.green (large wire)
    8.grey
    9.empty
    10.brown/black
    11.brown/yellow
    12.brown/violet
    13.green/violet (medium size
    14.black/white
    15.empty
    16.white/yellow
    17.white/violet
    18.black/yellow (large wire)
    19.white/green
    20.black
    21.green (large wire)
    22.green/white (medium size)
    23.brown/green
    24.white/black
    25.blue

1987 325ic c101

1.blue
    2.blue/white
    3.empty
    4.brown/violet
    5.brown/green
    6.green/white
    7.green (large wire)
    8.empty
    9.empty
    10.blue/yellow
    11.white/green
    12.brown
    13.green/violet
    14.empty
    15.empty
    16.white/black
    17.empty
    18.black/yellow (large wire)
    19.empty
    20.empty

I'd like to find out what each of these do and which to connect together and which I wont need. I really don't want to fry a harness or dme

any help will be much appreciated and if your in the PNW close enough to me maybe some of your fave beer to boot!

You can purchase my M60 writeup. It makes this SOOOO much easier for you, in all aspects of the swap.

Check my signature
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Frankm e30 I purchased your "how to" guide months ago. It was the first place I looked for the e30 side of things. I'm begining to wonder if something was swapped in this car before I hot my hands on it. It did have a ECU from a 535 in it, but it was pointed out to me that it is a direct swap from an m30 car to m20. I'm getting really frustrated. Good thing there is plenty of other stuff I need to do.

Comment

Don't go by other peoples pin out charts you find online. Half of them are wrong to begin with. The c101 changed multiple times in e30's, you need to do your own wiring pinouts to verify what you have. As a bonus, you learn what connections you've made and why you've made them, which helps with troubleshooting.

Go here:

It's a quick write-up I did for 24v swaps. The wiring info applies to e30 m60 swaps as well. It's very easy to do, just takes a little time.
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I sat down last night and went through wedephones and ETM (?) And my Bentley manuals and I am still coming up short. Some pins are empty, some are different colors. Ugh. I'll have to go through it again to triple check. Can't be too carefull! Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by melanomakid View Post
            I sat down last night and went through wedephones and ETM (?) And my Bentley manuals and I am still coming up short. Some pins are empty, some are different colors. Ugh. I'll have to go through it again to triple check. Can't be too carefull! Thanks for the help
            They should be correct if you're selecting your model and year. Throw together a chart showing pin number, color, and function, for both the x20 and c101. Then we can help you fill in the blanks and which pins to connect between the two.
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

making this spreadsheet does help you figure some things out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
              X