CLutch Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLutch Choices

So what is everybody using? I need to upgrade for some extra power and am trying to get some reviews before doing so. I would really like a nice factory pedal stiffness or just a hair harder.

My original setup

M60b40 N/A

UUC e39 light weight flywheel
    f1 stage one e36 328i clutch kit

Impressions
    The flywheel is awesome build quality and worth the price.
    The clutch kit for the price has been very good. The pedal is a little heavier then I would like. But you can slip it with ease or drop it for a big smokey burnouts.

Well, I assume you're only referring to the ZF 5 speed trans options.

I'm using the UUC flywheel and a ClutchMasters FX100. It feels and operates like a factory clutch, other then the fact that I developed some shuddering when releasing the pedal after a night at the drag strip, which has yet to go away, 10k miles later. I didn't break it in properly though. It's 100% impossible to not go full throttle in a freshly built v8 e30 for the first 500 miles, I'll tell ya that much!

The FX100 is claimed to have a 70% increase in holding capacity. I know stock m52 clutches can hold about 300lbs/ft max (at least that's when the turbo 328 guys start seeing slipping), so the FX100 should be enough for a mildly boosted m60.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I'm glad you chimed in I remember you mentioning your clutch feels like factory but I didn't know which one you had.

Comment

Working...
      X