e30v8 ford small block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30v8 ford small block

so guys i have a 5.0 swaped 85 and have been looking to redo my exhaust, I currently have my manafolds turned around and the exhaust wraping around underneath my powersteering rack. But i dont like it, it hangs low hits the ground and has melted the boots on my rack. so i have been doing some research and have found what i believe to be a great alterative its a turbo mamfold for the 5.0 and by going directly off the turbo flange and going back it would work well. here is the link to where i found it. what do you guys think? http://www.amazon.com/1979-1995-Must...productDetails

it should work, just depends on how much effort you want to put in to make it right.

but you may be on to somthing there....

Comment

my idea to retain the true duel was to be bring the driverside around and under, run it parrellel to the passenger and back but for me functional works good i as well have 0 ground clearance and now the passanger has a bad leak from it smacking the ground.

Comment

Do this and run the exhaust the right way.
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Should route the exhaust around the pan between the mount/subframe then down around the starter.

Or

Build custom headers.

Those are the only "right" ways.

Something like this:

Comment

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
            Lol, sorry bro but wtf happened here? Did you only have two drivers' side headers or something? Aside from the upwards pointing header it's not a terrible design, though I don't imagine the exhaust flows equally.... but then again, -5hp out of 300+, who cares.

The point is that ground clearance is great with that setup, or at least it looks to be. Think I might have to use this idea for my own exhaust... ;D
            Last edited by jalopi; 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

You have to go up to clear the oil filter unless you use a baby filter or a relocation.

Comment

Aah didn't see that little detail in the picture. Relocation isn't 100% necessary if you get one of those 90* adapters, which is what I did.

Personally though, I should've just got a cooler adapter / relocation kit, as they're not much more money (minus the cooler).

Comment

Thats an option if u have it before the car is at the exhaust place ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X