Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack89i
    replied
    Sorry for the lack of updates, the car is running good. I've been driving it, the clutch seems to hold the power. I got my x5 manifolds modified and on

I picked up some valve cover covers on ebay

And got my wires through the firewall.
    A new diff is next and I need to fix my heat issue..it runs at or just below the 3/4 on the gauge..with the fan on high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jack89i
    replied
    Well I just found a lovely crack in my valve cover. That timing cover got smashed in the accident and I guess the valve cover took a little bit of damage too

The paint on this one didn't come out great anyways

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    Just depends how your c101-x20 adapter is made. The engine harness just has two wires from the sensor to the x20. Just connect whichever you need to your c101. For my 85 325e, it only uses a single wire for the gauge, and it's only a single pin sensor. So I just connected the c101 pin to the x20 pin that had continuity to the pin on the temp sensor plug that the m20 sensor uses.

Leave a comment:

• dirty30
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood View Post
    You just use whatever sensor your car had from the factory, and make sure the correct x20 wire that connects to the single sensor pin is connected to your c101 sensor wire.

This is documented in this forum a bunch of times, should be able to find everything you need with a quick search.
    Justin,

Weren't the pins flip flopped from the V8 plug to the E30 sender? I couldn't remember for the life of me.

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    You just use whatever sensor your car had from the factory, and make sure the correct x20 wire that connects to the single sensor pin is connected to your c101 sensor wire.

This is documented in this forum a bunch of times, should be able to find everything you need with a quick search.

Leave a comment:

• jalopi
    replied
    I might be wrong, but it looks like one of the wires is a ground and the other is the power/sending wire.

Double check this with someone before I cost you something expensive, but I'd try grounding one of the pins out to the block or something while feeding power to the other pin. If that doesn't work, switch it up.

Leave a comment:

• Jack89i
    replied
    Cool thanks for the link, and I'll see you there jalopi.
    Looking forward to see your swap at an nce30 meet zach.
    I've been driving the car on short little trips around the block. The temp gauge isn't working so I haven't drivin it farther than a mile because I'm afraid of overheating. The temp sensor on the m60 is a two pole and the m20 had a single prong sender. I put a 91 818 sensor on the engine, still nothing. I jumped the two wires on the sensor connector and the gauge maxed out so I believe wiring is good. Extremely annoying, it's killing me not bring able to drive it

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    :up:.

I'm excited for you and a tad jealous.

Leave a comment:

• Jack89i
    replied
    My M60 swap

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Turned out to be a crank position sensor keeping it from starting. Had to drain the coolant, grind off the bolt head and break through a bunch of corrosion to get that bitch out. Fired right up once the replacement was in. I couldn't wait to finish the manifolds to start it up. I was so stoked!

Leave a comment:

• jalopi
    replied
    Sweet man, I'll look out for your car while I'm there. Either that or you can just find me. Look for a gaggle of haters :)

Oh, also, here's a good side road at the tail end of the trip. It's a 20 minute detour, but totally worth it after like, 300 miles of highway driving.

Leave a comment:

• Jack89i
    replied
    Well the e30 didn't make it to the vintage..I still went and had a good time though. Saw some awesome e30s. It will definitely be at bimmerfest.
    Found these pictures on my computer of the day I got the e30 back in 2010. I was in 8th grade at the time

Leave a comment:

• dirty30
    replied
    There is still plenty of time! I better see that thing at the show!

Leave a comment:

• LoneWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack89i View Post
    Got it to turn over via the key! Just need to sort out a few electrical problems, sort out the exhaust manifolds and put the driveshaft in

Awesome job man. You really moved right along.

Leave a comment:

• jalopi
    replied
    Sweet. Git-r-done bro

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    Cutting it close! Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X