Booster delete options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booster delete options

So I just got my pedal modifications complete to accept the e34 remote booster setup, when a thought occurred to me. Is there a reason It wouldn't work if I used something like the massive booster delete with a master cylinder in the new mounting location of the remote linkage? Here is where I'm at now:

Everything is moved over. Just wondering if it's because it would be too tight between the firewall and strut tower? Haven't measured anything out yet so I have no idea, just throwing it out there.

It would be VERY close. Probably one of those things you'd just have to bolt up, and see if it fits.

To give you an idea of clearance, since it's hard to tell in pics, the head of the pivot bolt in the linkage bracket is no more then 1/2" from the valve cover in my car. I can maybe fit my finger in between them, that's about it.

Now look at the pic of the massive booster delete kit. Luckily, it's designed in your favor, with the master cylinder positioned in the upper corner.

I bet it would fit. But you've already done the hard part of the remote booster setup... why not just finish it and have factory-feeling brakes?
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Thanks for your input! I've got the massive kit installed on my race car so I think ill drop the motor in after Christmas and test fit it. You're right that the hard part is done, and there's not a lot of work left to fit the booster in place, I'm just not a fan of the added clutter to the front of the engine bay. That being said, the brakes are rock hard with the massive kit and stock master cylinder, so I would have to find a master cylinder that would work a bit better to soften the feel.

Comment

Working...
      X