m60b40 e30 swap transmission help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m60b40 e30 swap transmission help

what did the 5 speed that most people use come out of? i am having a lot of trouble finding one...

From the research I've done, I believe its a 5 speed out of an E34 530i. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Originally posted by 36brua
    Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
    Patryk:up:
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Check out car-part.com, I sourced mine from a junkyard on there for $200.
      Last edited by MJCRO; 01-15-2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: eBay listing is confusing

Comment

very helpful, thank you both. so can i pull a zf trans from any of these E34 E36 E46 Z3 328i M3 as the ebay add says? there are regularly bmws at the yard, i would rather pull one for $125 than pay 1600 for that one on ebay. is the bellhousing the same even though those are i6 and i will be using a v8?

Comment

Originally posted by MJCRO View Post
          Check out car-part.com, I sourced mine from a junkyard on there for $200.

Found this listing on eBay (non-affiliated) explaining all the models that had it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAN-BMW-ZF...0f8ee2&vxp=mtr

That list isn't even remotely correct, that trans won't even bolt up to half of those cars.

There's two ZF310's that you'll likely come across. The 6 cyl version, and the 8 cyl version.

The internals and rear casing are the same for all ZF310's as far as I know, but the bell housing we need is v8-specific, which was only found on the e34 530i. Which isn't an issue, as 6 cyl ZF's tend to fetch more then the v8 ZF's. I found 2 or 3 at a local junkyard that charges $100 for a trans. I ended up paying $300 from another local junkyard that already had it pulled from the car, and could verify it only had 99k miles.

So, you need a ZF310 from an e34 530i. Nothing else will work.
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            That list isn't even remotely correct, that trans won't even bolt up to half of those cars.

There's two ZF310's that you'll likely come across. The 6 cyl version, and the 8 cyl version.

The internals and rear casing are the same for all ZF310's as far as I know, but the bell housing we need is v8-specific, which was only found on the e34 530i. Which isn't an issue, as 6 cyl ZF's tend to fetch more then the v8 ZF's. I found 2 or 3 at a local junkyard that charges $100 for a trans. I ended up paying $300 from another local junkyard that already had it pulled from the car, and could verify it only had 99k miles.

Just to show the transmission to the guy, but yes, it's pretty obvious in the description that a majority of those cars don't even have that transmission...

Just looked on the site now, there are over twenty of them under $500.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post

i think i sent you a pm. awesome build btw, i was browsing your posts. ill start looking around. if you are able to get any, and are willing to, i would pay you for one and your time. i really need to get this m60 in before next season.

Comment

Originally posted by MJCRO View Post
                Just to show the transmission to the guy, but yes, it's pretty obvious in the description that a majority of those cars don't even have that transmission...

Just looked on the site now, there are over twenty of them under $500.
                on what site?

Comment

so this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSMISSION...11bb7c&vxp=mtr ?

Comment

oooh, just found that a local u pull and pay has a 94 530i!

Comment

Originally posted by irrelevante30 View Post
                      on what site?
                      car-part.com

You can definitely find them local too.

Comment

Originally posted by irrelevante30 View Post
                        That's an automatic.
                        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                        e30 restoration and V8 swap
                        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment