No announcement yet.

Yvonne gets an M60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordering the wilwood pedal set up and masters, modified headers, mounts, steering coupler, pcv block off plate, aluminum pulleys all on thursday

Comment

I have a 540 brake booster setup with the linkages of you wanna go a slightly cheaper route and help me clear out my excess parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Velocity Motor Works

1972 2002
      1983 533is
      1987 325is (Roxanne)
      1988 M6
      1989 M3
      1989 325ix (Darth Maul)

Gone: 1974 2002, 1984 318i , 1985 318i, 1988 325ix Sedan, 1988 325ix Coupe, 1991 318is, 1991 318i, 1994 525iT, 1995 325is, 1996 M3 Coupe, 1997 328is, 2001 325i, 2001 Z3 2.5i, 2001 330i, 2001 525iT, 2006 F-250 SD and more...

Comment

Originally posted by alco View Post
        I have a 540 brake booster setup with the linkages of you wanna go a slightly cheaper route and help me clear out my excess parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
        thank you, but i will pass. not really interested in the work required to do that, plus this thing will hardly ever see public roads, and i don't need stellar brakes for drifting. appreciate it though!

Comment

wilwood pedals and masters in the mail along with mounts, steering shaft, and headers.

test fit a few wheels the other day, looks like I'm going with 17x9.75+20 all around
          e46 lca's in, flat tire makes it look less camber'd than it is. sorry for the shitty phone pic

Comment

Hope you don't like turning the wheel too much, lol.

I've got 17x8.25's, et -17 in the front, e46 lca's too (pretty much the same offset when you factor in all the numbers). Not sure which kind of CABs you have, but with centered ones you'll hit the back of the wheel well like a bastard. With offset CABs you will hit the front of the fender and the valence like a motherfucker, enough that you'll bend the valence pretty bad just by going full lock.

for reference, here's my car

it'll work, you'll just have to work the fenders and the valence real good

Comment

very good info, thanks! I'm totally ok with having to do some body work. maybe ill run 8.25 in the front and 8.25 in the rear

Comment

nah, you'll probably be fine with 9.75's in the rear, it'll be pretty square (I think) considering how far out the e46 arms push your wheels out. I'll confirm this post in the morning/afternoon tomorrow when I'm in a better state.

Comment

thats what I meant was 9.75", seems to be a lot of room actually for that. thanks for the help and input

Comment

got some parts in the mail today. should be dropping her off for a full pro-am spec cage soon.

Comment

havent updated this in a while....
                      I will add pics soon.
                      So the car is caged. Full pro-am legal with a halo and nascar style door bars.
                      motor has been prepped and installed, along with trans, corbeau forza sport seat, OMP steering wheel, got 6 wheels (2 17x8.25 +25 and 4 17x9.75 +25), plus the other 4 i had, but they dont really matter. Also got a PBM hydraulic e-brake, installed my e46 lca's, cut the sun roof out, and installed a 2.93 welded diff, and more I'm sure I am forgetting.
                      Hoping to have everything wired and start the car up this weekend.
                      next week I am having a custom removable tubed radiator support go in to make mounting my mishimoto SR radiator easier, plus having the core support be removable will make everything so much better. I will try to upload pics here at some point in the next few days.

Comment

interested in updates
                        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Sorry I've been super busy at work. So she runs now. Currently at my buddy Hanks shop getting a tube rear and exhaust. Also picked up another e30 for a daily. I'll try to be more regular on here

Comment

Alright, I've been slacking on this thread.
                            currently the car is caged, tube front is done, tube rear is under way, all suspension components are installed, break pedals are installed, new seat, steering wheel, most of the wiring is done. Car runs, and in theory could drive, but I need to finish the brake lines when I get it back from the fab shop. Also need to finish the cooling system. Here are some pictures...

Comment

any pics of the front tube set up?

Comment

I'll upload some later tonight if I can find them.

Comment

Working...
                                X