Yvonne gets an M60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yvonne gets an M60

So this is my first real go at any sort of euro car, came from hondas, big turbo mazda, 240sx, so on and so forth...

I love my e30 so far, and I am fully prepared to be flamed for some of my choices I have made so far as well as the fact that I drift the car regularly, but that's fine with me, I still love it.
    So far this is what is done to it...

M50b25tu swap
    Racelands (i know, not real coilovers, junk, whatever. replacing soon with bc's or fortunes)
    15x9+0 xxr cheap-o wheels (yes I run "fake wheels" just cheap that I can afford multiple sets of for drifting and not being afraid of messing them up)
    sparco sprint junior seats on custom brackets i made
    Ireland Engineering short shifter
    All said and done I have spend under $4k on this car including the initial purchase and i love it.

Just picked up an m60b40 and will soon be pulling out my m50b25 i just put in it. The reason for this is I want the reliability and torque of an NA V8 since I beat on the car pretty hard at drift events. Sure I could make more power by just boosting the m50, but the m60 should be fine for any local event that I will be in. The swap for the most part looks straight forward, just need to source the parts.

Here are some current pictures of it
    (her name is Yvonne)

Nice. Good luck with your build. I'll be venturing down that road soon enough, but I just want a torque monster for the streets haha.
    Originally posted by 36brua
    Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
    Patryk:up:
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Thanks I'm SUPER stoked on this swap. keep me posted on yours as well

Comment

Mine is still in the research/gathering parts phase. Probably wont be starting the actual swap for a while :(
        Originally posted by 36brua
        Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
        Patryk:up:
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Looks like a great base!
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

looks like i have found a trans, picking up the motor next week.
            also dropping off my car for a full pro-am legal cage within the next week or two!

Comment

does anyone know if i can run a flywheel from an e34 530i?

Comment

Come on man, I know you're new here but use the search bar a little more. but here you go:

http://ttvracing.com/engine-types/?m...ls#prettyPhoto[iframes]/16/

^this is we are using in our build.

copy and paste the link sorry figure out how to make it clickable
                sigpic

86 E(In the car is in a million pieces stage of making it into a bar'd 340E)
                89 I(bar'd swapped)

Comment

thanks man. i did do a pretty long search, maybe i just suck at typing the right stuff.
                  thanks anyways

Comment

after re-reading it, i still don't see an answer to that question. i understand that the stock m60 or the one TTV sells will work, but didn't see anything about the 530i flywheel. since it isn't even mentioned, i suppose it's safe to assume it wont work.

Comment

It's does work, 530i flywheels 540i too. Just do your research on clutch options cause THOSE Vary
                      Because V8
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=282219

Doing it wrong since 91:wgaf:

Comment

so i see what clutches people run on the 540i flywheel, what do you run on the 530i flyhweel? it would seem if i am using the 530i flywheel and 530i trans, a 530i clutch would work. i've searched, but i couldn't find it.

Comment

picked up the motor today :)

Comment

Yes, if you are using all the 530i parts then you should be able to use the 530i clutch. Should make an almost "stock" type stackup.
                            Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                            on the head...
                            WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

Got a 530i flywheel and clutch kit. I thought I had a trans too but I was sadly mistaken :(
                              hopefully I will pick one up soon. After I get the trans, swap should move pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X