procharged ls6 e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

procharged ls6 e30

has anyone seen or done this yet? I cant imagine that I would be the first, but i have yet to see anything like this. Im beginning to run into some fitment issues and i want to see what other people have done.

From what I've seen you'll probably run into issues with the pulley/belt hitting the radiator. How wide is the pulley for the supercharger?

Comment

yep that my issue, its tight with just the stock pulley. i might have to go with multiple smaller radiators. or just completely cut apart the core support, and put the radiator in front of the intercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by blusylver View Post
        or just completely cut apart the core support, and put the radiator in front of the intercooler.
        I can't say with certainty, but I'm fairly sure that added to some fairly significant front end flex I experienced on track. At any rate, I plan on using some scrap roll bar tubing to tie the front back together.
        sigpic

Comment

If i went this route i would add some more caging currently the car caged but only up to the strut towers.

with running air to air I can mount vertically or horizontally correct? i dont see why i couldnt, i just have never seen it done before. (in a car)

ill have to look when i get home, maybe i can just have a radiator built that will fit into the core support section with out having to cut it apart.

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of lengthening the very front of my car by a few inches to fit a supercharger pulley up in there... but it would just be way too much work. I think if I go FI I'll be doing a remote mount turbo or something.

Some race shop on here posted a few videos of their car a little while ago. I believe it was a N/A LS2/3. They ran a rear-mount radiator for whatever reason, you might want to look into doing that. They were beating on it pretty hard on the track and they didn't complain about the temps at all... I think.

Comment

I was bored at work today and posted this. ill be looking and measuring everything to night. i know that my ls1 water pump has about 3/4 of an inch before it touches the radiator. the crank pulley has alot more room than that, so MAYBE the procharger pulley will fit.

ill post pics tonight or tomorrow

Comment

Why put the blower? An NA LS is more than an E30 can handle to begin with. With the added torque from the blower you'll probably rip the car in half. Is this for a drift car?
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Don't forget you and angle the radiator too, if it helps.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                    Why put the blower? An NA LS is more than an E30 can handle to begin with. With the added torque from the blower you'll probably rip the car in half. Is this for a drift car?
                    why not? Because when my E46 M3 was totaled I couldn't decied if I wanted to get a built v8 or a FI E30. I started off with the intention to do a turbo S52. But one night I found a great motor at an unbelievable price. a few weeks later I ran into a friend who was selling his procharger set up, so I made a half ass serious offer and he took it. so now I fully built procharged ls6 with.

car is just to have fun in. I have 2 pcms and I can go NA to FI in about 15 min tops
                    Last edited by blusylver; 04-16-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Gatebil style rear mount radiator. Problem solved. Then you can stuff more cooler core in too.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                        I can attest to this. In order to use that extra power you'll have to put a lot of work into the back end. My bone stock 5.3L is a serious handful in the e30.

Comment

I want to cut that out and mount the intercooler vertically

this show that there is plenty of room

Im using that radiator for a mock up. I see no reason why this wont work. I will have to make new mounts for the valance and the radiator. ill also have to have a custom radiator made with the in/outlets on the top, that actually will be a good thing.

I have so much room now.

I have a crap valance that I can experiment with before I start cutting up my IS valance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gertech View Post
                            I can attest to this. In order to use that extra power you'll have to put a lot of work into the back end. My bone stock 5.3L is a serious handful in the e30.
                            I plan is to put a built 3.23 lsd rear end in it.

luckily I work for a for a CNC manufacture and I have an entire show room full of machines at my disposal. Before I started here I was a certified welder for 12 years. im so glad that fabing up mounts isn't an issue
                            Last edited by blusylver; 04-16-2014, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Hahah dude this car is gonna be crazy.

So exactly what kind of racing are you doing with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X